Thread: P2P Traffic? Anyone Tried It With Gay Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

P2P Traffic? Anyone Tried It With Gay Sites?

Im currently having some talks with Chad from P2PAds about possibly setting up a P2P ad campaign for some of our sites but, before i commit, i was hoping someone on GWW would be able to give me some insight in to whether or not you have..

1) Used P2P traffic in the past to generate sales and;
    2) How well the results were for your gay sites used on the campaign?

So lets hear it please if you have tried utilizing this type of traffic

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    No, not gay, but we played with that idea for over two-years, and all I can say is what a waste of time, THAT little 'venture' turned out to be --- too much time preparing a ton of video clips, music and images for a return so pathetic (I twitch thinking about it) we simply ended up selling the traffic.
    I refused to be involved with it and if it were up to me that hairbrainer would never have left the table.

TGP2 was a better experiment.

So, Lee, did you drop the $10,000 for a campaign with these guys or decide to give it a skip?

cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    So, Lee, did you drop the $10,000 for a campaign with these guys or decide to give it a skip?

cheers,
    Luke
    No decision has been made yet, i am however considering running a test campaign @ $500 before running with a fully blown 10k one LOL

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Tried it already, not really worth it from our experiance. The users of P2P are looking for free content, so they do not convert very well.

Also, be VERY careful who you do business with! We caught several P2P "ad companies" apending our name onto other people clips to try and get higher click-thrus. So naturally when we found the files we went after the companies whose files were being falsely adverstised with our name on them. Imagine their suprise when they found out what the ad companies had been doing in their name!

We also caught some of the companies using file names of mainstream music and videos on adult files trying to get more click throughs. Files with names like "Madonna" and "Avril Lavigne" where actually hardcore adult files that had affiliate coded links in them. NOT cool and very illegal!

Remember ANY video content being put into P2P must be properly labeled with 2257 info or you risk getting into trouble. This does not have anything to do with the "secondary producer" requirements recently struck down by the courts. This has to do with the distribution of adult materials into interstate commerce. This requires that the content be properly labeled if put into commerce.

Cheers Keith, thats the sorta stuff i was after

Regards,

Lee