Thread: Search Engine Optimization For Google Images?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Search Engine Optimization For Google Images?

Just wondered if any of you folks knew whether it is possible to optimize your site specifically for Google Images?

If so, would you happen to have any links to tutorials or articles handy?

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    I think that just comes down to your search ranking for that domain and the names that you give your images, BTW its about the ultimate junk traffic

ChrisYP
    I'll see if I can dig up links, but what I remember reading was to name your images with keywords, and be sure to use alt tags. It got almost all of our images in google in about a week. Not the highest rankings, but they were all indexed.

I'd have to agree with Chris - it's pretty much all about how you name the image and then assigning an alt tag description.

Dzinerbear
    Actually it's more than just what you name the image. Consensus is that the spyders take into consideration the text around the image. As well the name of the directory containing the image.

I have a simple naming convention for all of my pictures preview-1.jpg, preview-2.jpg, and my pictures still rank well for good keywords.

It's a good idea to put a "title" under or above your picture on the page with the keywords that you'd like to rank for.

Cheers
    Michael

Okay so image name, alt text, text below and above the image, does the /directory/ that the image is located in have any effect?

For example, domain.com/baked-goods/bread/loaf-of-bread.jpg

Regards,

Lee

Sorry ignore my above post, totally missed what you said about the dir Michael... Coffee time i think LOL

Regards,

Lee