Thread: UGAS galleries and Link Lists

Xstr8guy

UGAS galleries and Link Lists

UGAS Preferred sites policy doesn't allow a webmaster to have any outbound links on the gallery's homepage. So how do people handle submitting their galleries to link lists? Do they create a separate, but exact replica, page to hold their link list recips? And are link lists cool with that? And what about getting penalized by the SE's for doorway pages.

Xstr8guy
    Oh, and what about FPA's before content? If I'm not mistaken, most LL's don't allow them. That's one thing that I love about UGAS... they let you put up your own FPAs before the content.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    This is how I handle the issue. Let's say my new site's URL is:

www.mydomain.com/ugas/newsite/index.html

I will make the exact copy of that page and call it preview.html:

www.mydomain.com/ugas/newsite/preview.html

Then I'll put LL recips and banners onto the index.html page, and it will serve for the traffic from LLs (and search engines). I will submit the replica page called preview.html to UGAS for review. So far I had no problems with this strategy. Link lists didn't complain, especially none of the major ones, and they're the only ones that count.

As for search engines... I guess you can put no index meta tag onto the page that's submitted to UGAS, and leave the index.html page for them to crawl... but I gave up on all that SEO crap cause frankly I can't keep up track with SE rules changing all the time, and in my opinion SE traffic is a bit overrated. Btw. two pages with the same content don't seem to bother Google for instance, the page that is most linked to gets high PR and traffic either way. I could be wrong about this of course, so check with somebody who is SE savvy.

FPAs: Also none of the major link lists doesn't complain about FPAs. Hunkhunter, Hunkmen, Gaydemon, Altagaylinks, Manpics2000, Boybookmarks, Sindbadbookmarks are all cool with an FPA before content.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Jim to stop G or the big boys from crawling those duplicate pages, use your robots.txt file to list them in. This will work for the spyders that count like Google, as for the spammy one's who cares right?

Also don't list them in your site map.

You can use the meta tag robots = none but the robots.txt file is what Google recommends.

hth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    easy
    clone the front page, 5 recips per page and submit that to the LLs

maxpower

You and UGAS :bush:

Xstr8guy
    Thanks Jigg, Ben and Ian. And Ben, who are you and why don't you contibute more? It's always nice to meet other AVS guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    And Ben, who are you and why don't you contibute more? It's always nice to meet other AVS guys.
    Gosh Jim, you always seem to forget who I am.

I'm the same Ben on avsprograms forum. You and me even exchanged several emails but that was quite some time ago.

During past years I concentrated my efforts on finishing my studies, and now that I have graduated I hope I'll be able to do more in this biz.

[As a side note, I think it has become much harder to earn $$ than 3 years ago when I started. I'm earning more now by promoting big paysites through free sites than doing AVS stuff. What has been your experience (the question is for everyone)?]

I'm not very good at making a lot of posts on boards, but I do write something from time to time if I think I can be of help.

Xstr8guy
    Oh gosh! Sorry Ben. Did you see my latest thread on AVS programs? Not good.