Thread: How did the Paris Hilton and Pam Anderson videos get released without a signed model

Marc

How did the Paris Hilton and Pam Anderson videos get released without a signed model

How did the Paris Hilton and Pam Anderson videos get released without a signed model agreement?

I dont understand how legally those videos could have been allowed to be out there if they didnt agree to publish it

i remember a judge gave permission for ieg to publish the pamela anderson video. i was pretty shocked at that - i mean, a guy steals the video and sells it and the buyer is allowed to publish it? what kind of crap is that? and - not amazingly enough - the owner of ieg never did pay what he was supposed to.

and that doesn't even touch the 2257 requirements.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Interestingly -- and one of the most overlooked aspects of 2257 -- there is absolutely no requirement whatsoever to maintain model releases for 2257 purposes.

Which means that 2257 provides no way to determine a model's age at the time of shoot, because there's nothing that shows what day a shoot actually took place.

Model releases are, of course, required for other reasons... primarily to prove that the producer is using the model's content with permission and prevent the model suing the producer.

As to the Paris Hilton thing, I have no idea what's up there... unless somebody was somehow able to make the argument that it took place in a way that there was no expectation of privacy, in which case the model release would not be required. But 2257 would still come into play -- somebody would have to maintain a copy of her ID.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Interestingly -- and one of the most overlooked aspects of 2257 -- there is absolutely no requirement whatsoever to maintain model releases for 2257 purposes.
    Indeedy, didnt we have a long ol' conversation about that in Vegas one night?

Regards,

Lee