Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules

maxpower

Rules

OMG this link-o-rama.com guy goes nuts on the rules LOL It's like reading a book, most are commonsense, but some over a bit over the line if you ask me.

You must link back to us - instructions are over here. This link MUST be visible & accessible to the surfer thru your site. A link on a page that no one will ever visit is of no use to us.

Do not submit sites with your IP numbers in the address. Example: http://123.45.67.89/whatever/ These sites, for some reason unknown to me, seem to die after about a week or so. Do yourself a favor, spend the $15 & register a domain name.

If you have any of those annoying pop-up consoles/windows. I only need 1 browser to surf, not 3 or 4 others popping up with nice little spam & top 500 messages & whatever the latest fad is. NO POP-UP CONSOLES OR WINDOWS AT ALL! This does include those target="new" things.

Pay & AVS sites are more than welcome, however we ask that you do 2 things - link to us from outside the protected area (yes, I know this is a shit thing to ask, but past experiences have soured us on this & it is now a requirement) The 2nd thing is that you submit us a temporary password/username so that we may have a look around the protected area. (these will be kept private & shall not be given out for any reason - and it'll probably get you a better description than "Nice samples over here")

No blind or misleading links what-so-ever (especially back to us) No one benefits from crap traffic!

You must be trading traffic with at least 5 other Link Lists. I've been getting way too may sites that have just my link on them & no one else's. I send you traffic, you send me traffic

If you link to us from the page we are linking to, do not put the link under your "enter" button - no one looks down there. The link back DOES NOT have to be on the 1st page, but if it is, it has to be above the enter link.
    No links to sites that have masked pictures as their main pictures - I see no point in these at all.

The name that you submit to us as the name of the site must actually appear on the site - this may seem like an easy enough concept, but some people have little or no idea what they are doing.

If your site has clickable thumbs, the thumbnail images have to actually be thumbnails & NOT the actual picture loading at a smaller width & height.

The content must be on the same domain as the site.

No more Full Page Ads (FPA) of any kind - that means AVS FPA's (Full Page Ad: anything that takes up more then 3/4 of my screen - I have a 17 in. monitor & am set at 1024x768, so now you know my limits)

20 pic minimum.

No more than 1 link request per webmaster per day.

No pre-set-up pay sites - if you want a pay site, build the damn thing yourself.

Pics that open on html pages are allowed, but you are not allowed to have more then 1 banner/text link on the html page.

No Free or Revshare Hosted sites - go buy a domain & some hosting or find a new hobby.
    No free email address - we all have an real legit email address - use it.
    No sites promoting the Ultra Cash or Epic Cash programs will be listed.
    No autosubmitters - we review each site by hand, you can submit it by hand
    Free sites with movies must have a minimum of 120 seconds worth of movies & the movies must be at least 10 seconds in length.
    If your submitting a site that has 2 or more pages from the same set of content, the pics MUST be in order. I'm sick of seeing sites where page 1 has the girl ending up completely nude but page 2 has her stripping all over again.
    Your site has to look decent at 800x600 - if I have to scroll to the right to see the entire page or things just look "off", it will be declined.
    No sites with 3rd party counters will be listed. Get some stats on your server.
    No more crappy vid caps for your pics - video camera's take movies, not still images.
    No more sites with broken English.
    If we just plain do not like the site (this happens when I'm in a bad mood)

Rules I don’t like

(1) The link back DOES NOT have to be on the 1st page, but if it is, it has to be above the enter link. (only sites that are desperate for viewers do that)
    (2) No more than 1 link request per webmaster per day (OMG I have a life I can not send you one site a day, if you don’t want to list them all at the same time that’s up to you)
    (3) No sites with 3rd party counters will be listed. Get some stats on your server. (sounds like he dose not want people to know how many viewers each site is sending)
    (4) You must be trading traffic with at least 5 other Link Lists. I've been getting way too may sites that have just my link on them & no one else's. I send you traffic, you send me traffic (LOL well I bet if you had less than 50 listed rules that would not happen)

I guess I am a bit rebellious when I see a list of rules like this it kinda pisses me off.

blah blah blah...
    shit, talk about the link Nazi

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan
    shit, talk about the link Nazi

LOL ya he thinks he's the shit :wacko:

maxpower
    He even put this at the bottom of the page OMG

These rules are subject to change without notice. If your site does not meet these guidelines, the submission will be deleted & you will NOT be informed! (unless we're in a good mood)

I know some of this is new to you, but please follow the guidelines or there will be NO SOUP FOR YOU!

maxpower
    Guys that run sites like that will never make into the top 10 directories, most webmasters if they do even list sites with him would put his return link in the second BS site package with other small cocky directories and he will get in return 30% or less traffic that the 1st group.

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    there will be NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    hahaha told ya'!! what a crazy guy. personally i really hate link list owners like him. you spend hours submitting to over 20 link lists and i know that some of them have outlandish rules like him so there's a good chance that they wont list my sites, YET they wont email you and let you know that they wont!! it's a total waste of time. that's why i try to submit only to link lists that i'm familiar with

because the sites listed at greenguy have less ads, no misleading links and all that other stuff, his traffic is gold and he has massive bookmarkers. his traffic converts and he keeps sending it day after day, week after week - because he makes his surfers happy.

you'll find the same expectations at persiankitty and janesguide...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally, i dont see anything wrong with those rules, they are no different to hundreds of other places you can submit to.

Greenguy has been around a VERY long time and, has a lot of quality traffic because of that and his rules, surfers hitting his site know they will find only quality sites and, because of this, they will spend money if they can find something that they like.

The simple solution if you dont like his rules is, dont submit to his site.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    because the sites listed at greenguy have less ads, no misleading links and all that other stuff, his traffic is gold and he has massive bookmarkers. his traffic converts and he keeps sending it day after day, week after week - because he makes his surfers happy.

you'll find the same expectations at persiankitty and janesguide...

Well maybe your right I know you have suggested him before, he just comes off as a kinda a Dick, I have been thinking about making a second version of some free sites for directories like this, maybe next week I will give it a shot. I am testing some of the other sites you have suggested today

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Personally, i dont see anything wrong with those rules, they are no different to hundreds of other places you can submit to.

Greenguy has been around a VERY long time and, has a lot of quality traffic because of that and his rules, surfers hitting his site know they will find only quality sites and, because of this, they will spend money if they can find something that they like.

The simple solution if you dont like his rules is, dont submit to his site.

Regards,

Lee

I dont know about Greenguy, but I dont like having to make a whole site for just 1 or 2 guys you know :wacko:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Sites like Greenguy or Persian Kitty have been around because of their rules, and because the traffic they send to submitting sites is converting traffic... and i'd rather make a dozen sites that meet Greenguy type sites than 100 of the other types, because I'll make more money from his traffic... that is consistent.

Unfortunately it is the sham webmaster who passes off shit sites that make these rules necessary... they are the true dick heads.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

amen!

i got more sales from a site i had listed with greenguy, persiankitty and 4 other sites than i make being listed at 40 other sites. maxpower here is missing the point - for good quality traffic that makes me money, i'll make a new site for every link list that requires it.

besides, if you really looked at greenguy's page, you'll see a link to a LOT of link sites with the exact same rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Sites like Greenguy or Persian Kitty have been around because of their rules, and because the traffic they send to submitting sites is converting traffic... and i'd rather make a dozen sites that meet Greenguy type sites than 100 of the other types, because I'll make more money from his traffic... that is consistent.

Unfortunately it is the sham webmaster who passes off shit sites that make these rules necessary... they are the true dick heads.

maxpower
    Well maybe I will make a few site for them and test it I don’t have a problem with it as long as their is enough of them and its profitable to do. Most of the “rules” kind goes with out saying and his statement that he will not contact anyone about problems tells me his not going to win a humanitarian award anytime soon.

actually greenguy is a super nice person. he has rules like that to keep his traffic good. the rules there seem reasonable enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Well maybe I will make a few site for them and test it I don’t have a problem with it as long as their is enough of them and its profitable to do. Most of the “rules” kind goes with out saying and his statement that he will not contact anyone about problems tells me his not going to win a humanitarian award anytime soon.

maxpower
    I don’t have time to make sites for every single one, but if their is enough of them and traffic and sales are good I will be glad to do it. I sure will not put them with the highest traffic sites that don’t have so many rules though, high traffic sites require different advertisement systems and large numbers of sites to make sales.