Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas

kcwebwerks

Sony Vegas

OK, I am finally tired of messing with Pinnacle Studio 10 software. I've not exactly given it tons of praise in the past, but hadn't quite reached this level of loathing for it either. So I went out today and bought Sony Vegas Movie Studio+DVD.

Gimme some feedback, those of you who use it. I guess I should have posted this BEFORE opening the box cause now I'm stuck with it good or bad. Is it good software or have I bought another Pinnacle Studio 10 in disquise??

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I think Patti uses Vegas and from what i recall she says she is really loving it.

Regards,

Lee

you don't have to open it - you can download the trials here
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/pro...egasfamily.asp

they don't work with mpgs but they do work with everything else. and it's a full 30 days, no sony watermarks.

btw, ken - remember how much trouble i had with pinnacle? i'm now a devoted vegas user and have never been happier it's easier, it's faster, it uses less system resources and the results are wonderful - even for a less-experienced video editor like me

I like vegas, its totally easy to use and very intuitive. I would say its the best video editing software out there.

cheers,
    Luke

kcwebwerks
    Cool deal! I feel better now and if you guys like it then I'll consider it a good purchase.

Tanks!

Paco
    Adobe Premiere is okay and is what we use here day-in and day-out.
    Ulead VideoStudio is cheap ($99USD), very good, and very easy to use. Although we do not use it here, I do all the time at home because it is so easy to use, and is easy on the system - not a resource piggy like Premiere.
    We tried Vegas, but the person that does the majority of editing here did not like it much. He does not think it does as much as the previous two.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwebwerks
    OK, I am finally tired of messing with Pinnacle...
    Oh, that word, Pinnacle, makes me very and I truly hate the people (support and sales staff) from the company, as well as the VideoGuys meatheads!

We purchased three Pinnacle DV1000 cards (which came with their crappy editing software), and the pinheads that manufactured it could not even get the beasts running properly! $2000USD a pop in the trash! Hell, I see the word Pinnacle and I go :mental:

Xstr8guy
    Is Vegas 6 recommended for anything beyond total amateur stuff? Or is vegas Movie Studio or Movie Studio platinum enough for editing movies for the internet?

it's Final Cut HD for me or nothing.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

i tried the version ken is using and it made really nice quality videos. there are probably functions it doesn't have but everything i needed to do, it does offer.

i made WMVs on it from 56k to 2.2mb. it allowed me to completely define the dimensions of the video, cut it, delete sound tracks, add sound tracks, add watermark in style of my choice, turn sound up or down, add jpg of 2257 info and splash with site logo, lengthen and shorten parts i wanted, and use plenty of fades. there were a few more things i tried, but this should give you an idea.

and the platinum edition supports HD for less than $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Is Vegas 6 recommended for anything beyond total amateur stuff? Or is vegas Movie Studio or Movie Studio platinum enough for editing movies for the internet?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    OK, I am finally tired of messing with Pinnacle Studio 10 software.
    I actually like studio 10 for basic quick jobs like posting web clips on the site. I use pinnacle liquid for myu more serious editing jobs.

what didnt you like about studio?

I also have adobe premire but find it a little TOO ful featured for what i need
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive

what didnt you like about studio?

Studio 10 has way too many bugs and issues right now. It shuts down if you breath on the computer monitor, locks up for no apparent reason, and is a major resource hog. And now that I'm venturing into HD, it REALLY doesn't work well. And once I can finally get a project edited down, I have to run an avi, and then run the avi through Studio 9 to create an mpeg. For some reason Studio 10 doesn't like to render mpegs. I contact support and am told that its something that I am doing wrong.

How long have you been gay?
    I've been using Studio to edit my videos and it's the software I learned on. I found it very user friendly at first, but now I'd need more features. I bought Vegas and will install it as soon as I get to my desktop. I heard from friends, and now you guys that it's pretty good, so I can't wait to see for myself.
    Quality custom exclusive gay content at affordable prices.

email: contact(at)tlxproductions(dot)com

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i tried the version ken is using and it made really nice quality videos. there are probably functions it doesn't have but everything i needed to do, it does offer.

i made WMVs on it from 56k to 2.2mb. it allowed me to completely define the dimensions of the video, cut it, delete sound tracks, add sound tracks, add watermark in style of my choice, turn sound up or down, add jpg of 2257 info and splash with site logo, lengthen and shorten parts i wanted, and use plenty of fades. there were a few more things i tried, but this should give you an idea.

and the platinum edition supports HD for less than $150.

I'm liking the software so far, though it was a huge change from the Pinnacle layout. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to get the tagline to show at the bottom, and now I can't figure out how to get it in the very bottom corner. I'm using freeform and put the tagline in the bottom corner, but when I render, it is way to high. I try lowering the font and then the bottom half of the letters are cut off, but its still in the same area. So for now, I'm using Vegas to edit, Pinnacle to add the tagline, and then another program to encode LOL. WHY CAN'T THEY ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!?!?!

if i understand you correctly, then when you go to placement there should be a dropdown. on mine, it default to 10%. make sure it defaults to 0% and then move your text to the bottom right.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    sony vegas is nice
    but the encoding engine seems to be slow. At least for me it is.

Also I can't select the MPEG-1/MPEG-2 settings beyond what's given as default