Thread: Epassporte - WTF?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Epassporte - WTF?

So we have a dispute with someone over an Epassporte transaction that was sent about a week ago and i was just told that they cant refund the transaction.

In other words, Epassporte doesnt mind that scammers are using their system in fact, they even assist them in making it possible to scam people with no course of action if something goes sour on the deal.

This is the last time im going to be using Epassporte for anything and i would highly suggest you are very carefull about using them in the future to, even Paypal has a dispute policy!

Chris Mallick needs to be getting his shit together over there, phone support is crap, card renewals are a joke and now this.

Well i hope they are happy, this is going to be the most expensive $150 transaction they have had.

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    Lee, what's why i told you the other day that i i don't use epassporte anymore. They can't seem to understand that i need another debit card.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If it was funded with a credit card, I suppose you could always charge it back... Paypal tried to say in the early days that you couldn't charge back Paypal transactions, but the card issuing banks disagreed

Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    If it was funded with a credit card, I suppose you could always charge it back... Paypal tried to say in the early days that you couldn't charge back Paypal transactions, but the card issuing banks disagreed
    I never even thought of that, thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

One way or another we'll get $150 back from Epass, either in cash or lost business for them ,either works for me

Regards,

Lee

Haha i was just told if we issue a charge back for the funding they are going to close our account LMAO

I really dont think they understand this situation very well hahaha

Thanks again for the suggestion Chip

Regards,

Lee

Keyser Soze
    The policy is that ePassporte will not get involved with disputes between two card holders. They have to solve it up between themselves. A p2p transaction is like a CASH transaction. "Buyer/Seller be aware".

Charging back a load to an account will get the persons account(s) closed and so will any future accounts the person open.

Keyser Soze
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    Lee, what's why i told you the other day that i i don't use epassporte anymore. They can't seem to understand that i need another debit card.
    If its a case of getting a replacement card please contact me.
    But there can only be one active Electron card at a time per account.
    If you need two Electron cards the solution could be to open another account the account to account transfer costs is only $.25.

Scorpio
    My card was expired months ago and i sent 2 emails asking to get a new one but never got a reply. I'll contact you.

Camper than a row of tents
    Once the scammer takes the money out of his ePass account there isn't anything left for ePass to return. This isn't like a bank or CC company where you have a level of protection on your account where if you are scammed it will likely be returned.

Sending money though ePass is the same as using Western Union. Once you pay, that money is gone.
    I post here to whore this sig.

steve - sorry to bother you here, but i'm wondering what ever happened with that thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    My card was expired months ago and i sent 2 emails asking to get a new one but never got a reply. I'll contact you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    Once the scammer takes the money out of his ePass account there isn't anything left for ePass to return. This isn't like a bank or CC company where you have a level of protection on your account where if you are scammed it will likely be returned.

Sending money though ePass is the same as using Western Union. Once you pay, that money is gone.

Well, I really don't see how Epassporte is any different than PayPal in that way... a scammer could simply debit money out of his Paypal account, either with a Paypal debit card, or by moving it to a member's account, and an Epassporte member could easily do the same. So with either account, the money could be gone within moments of being deposited.

But Paypal will make good on a fraudulent/no goods received transaction and debit the offending member's account, even if there's no money in there, and credit the funds back to the sender. (They'll then do whatever they can to recover the funds from the scammer.)

I can see no reason why Epassporte *can't* do this; i think the issue is, like Paypal used to do, Epassporte is trying to say that they *don't allow* it... and why they're allowed to get away with that while Paypal is not is beyond me.

It's already been indicated that charging back a Epassporte transaction will get your account closed, so I think the answer is that one can, in fact, charge back a transaction. Epassporte doesn't like it (any more than any of us like chargebacks), so they threaten you with terminating your account to keep you from doing it. But if they offered a dispute policy, they wouldn't have to worry about chargebacks.

boyfunk - unless there's a new policy in effect, paypal doesn't make good on things like this. around 2 years ago, a husband and wife scam team took webmasters for around $100,000 - then faked their own deaths and disappeared. around a third of that money was through paypal, and to all the news reporters and complaining webmasters paypal said the same thing - they were not responsible for replacing the stolen money.

maybe there are some situations where paypal is responsible but i know a bunch of people who have been ripped off and had no resource except if/when the thief was arrested and charges were pressed.

I think things got a lot better when Paypal was acquired by Ebay (which probably would have been about 2 years ago, now that I think about it.) They had a shitload of pending lawsuits against them, and part of the buyout thinking was that, since Ebay and Paypal were sort of symbiotic to each other, Ebay was the only resource that was big enough to buy them out and have the resources to settle/squash/deal with all the pending lawsuits.

I've had two transactions where I paid the seller and never received anything. In both cases, I filed a report with Paypal. In the first case, the package magically arrived 2 days before the Paypal cutoff where they would have returned my money. In the other case, the seller never responded to emails (it was probably a bad email addy, not a scammer seller), and Paypal refunded my money back to me after 30 days.

I know there are some restrictions on how they handle things, but it's definitely light years better than it was back in 1999 and 2000.