Thread: how many billing options?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar

how many billing options?

I am redoing our membership biling system and wondered how many options people have and how are they arranged? as in all options open or cascading ?

I know everyone has credit cards and mostly debit/ check , what about sms? 900# bill me later? is it good to have these or is it overkill ?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

I'd rather be on my boat sperbonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive
    I am redoing our membership biling system and wondered how many options people have and how are they arranged? as in all options open or cascading ?

I know everyone has credit cards and mostly debit/ check , what about sms? 900# bill me later? is it good to have these or is it overkill ?
    A major study done last year showed that websites that offer 4 types of payment, CC, ACH, and two other alternatives, do on average 15% better than sites that are CC only.

I have some GREAT alternative payment options that you may want to look at.

Shall I describe them, or would that be too long of a post?
    Michael Sperber
    Astral Group Inc
    Complete e-commerce solutions
    info@astralgrouponline.com
    ICQ 177961090
    Phone +1 954 650 5789
    www.astralgrouponline.com

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    please decribe and if you have soem data to show how popular each one is would be great. also do particular CC alternatives do better in other countries than the usa?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think that Michael is promoting 2000Charge, a provider that offers some eurodebit and other non-US billing options, but I would be VERY careful.

As I mentioned in another thread, 2000Charge ripped us and a bunch of other people off on credit card holdbacks they were supposed to return, which they acknowlege that they owe, but they continually refuse to make good on... and then they have the nerve to bitch because people are calling them on their refusal to pay what they owe.

The really strange thing is... the amount they owe is a pittance. By now, they've already lost waaaaaay more in business that they would have gotten from us and others had they simply acted ethically, but apparently they don't believe in ethical business.

Contrast this to CCBill, who had their 800 billing provider disappear owing tons of $ to webmasters. CCBill could easily have taken the 2000Charge approach and said "It's not our fault..." and would have had good reason (and probably coverage in their contract) to do so. But instead, they made good on it, because CCBill understands the value of a long term relationship with its customers.

Given that I've spoken with the president of 2000Charge about this issue on more than one occasion, and gotten nothing but evasion and runaround, I don't hold out much hope of that happening with 2000Charge.

So far, I've just posted about this on GWW, but since I can see they're now starting to use other marketing consultants to promote their service, I'm going to start posting elsewhere so people will know what they're in for... I don't like being ripped off, whether it's for $5 or $500 or $5000.