Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Content.. Reasons NOT To Use It?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Exclusive Content.. Reasons NOT To Use It?

Just wondered what reasons you folks thought were out there NOT to use exclusive content inside a paysites members area and on the sites tour?

We often hear about the positives of using exclusive content but, at the same time, there has to be just as many negatives.

The first two that come to mind for me are..

1) Cost and;
    2) Policing content theft.

What are some others in your views?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Um, having to deal with all those annoying recurring members resulting from the high retention?

Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Um, having to deal with all those annoying recurring members resulting from the high retention?
    Lets keep on topic Chip, we all know there are loads of positives to using exclusive content, i just wanted to see what the list for the flipside of the coin would be like

Mix things up a little as it were

Oh and you know, we have never had any major problems with members... Affiliates on the other hand

Regards,

Lee

policing theft has gotta be the big one for me. then if you're shooting sexually explicit content, the joy - no matter how 2257 goes - of being the custodian. not to mention the storage of the content in case something goes wrong. with bought content, you can usually get another copy from the broker. with your own, better be careful.

you can get a guy to jack off on camera for the same price you pay to license a set of pics and video, so price isn't always a factor.

maxpower
    Well this goes back to price but, most people would rather see 30 non exclusive videos than 1 exclusive one. The word “ Exclusive” is a good marketing tool, but the members that have joined everything already that would really beadle to recognize real exclusive content are about worthless.

Another one is the poor/boring solo shots that most exclusive content consist of, well have all seen so many guys nude masturbating on the bed that they are all about indistinguishable

solo has sold better for me than hardcore for many years.

i think you judge surfers by your own personal taste, but that may not really be an accurate way to go. i've tested my traffic on all sorts of different niches and stuff, and i actually know what sells best on it. and jackoff sells - besides, why have them on a bed? have them in the shower, in a park, at the beach, on the couch, in a closed nightclub - anywhere you can think of.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    solo has sold better for me than hardcore for many years.

i think you judge surfers by your own personal taste, but that may not really be an accurate way to go. i've tested my traffic on all sorts of different niches and stuff, and i actually know what sells best on it. and jackoff sells - besides, why have them on a bed? have them in the shower, in a park, at the beach, on the couch, in a closed nightclub - anywhere you can think of.
    Well its all about the same, I was just trying to give the most static example of a location. As far as the members in my system jack-off content is not very popular at all, in fact its one of the least looked at videos I have. This is what has mainly shaped my view of it, in a way I just look at is as filler, but if you do good with it I would go for it, its cheap and easy to find

maxpower
    BTW if my viewers really want jack-off stuff I have almost 24/7 live shows to take care of them

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Lets keep on topic Chip, we all know there are loads of positives to using exclusive content, i just wanted to see what the list for the flipside of the coin would be like

Lee
    Shucks, i was just having fun

Actually, for me, the biggest concern in buying exclusive content from someone is that if something goes wrong (the model is found to be underage, for example) you, as the site owner, will still be holding the bag at least somewhat... if it's sold to 10 or 50 or 100 site owners, at least the issue is spread around and i'd feel a little more safe if I was buying a set that I know others have bought... the docs have been scrutinized by multiple eyes...

And of course if you're producing exclusive content, you have all the issues associated with that... dealing with model drama, flaky models, recruiting, time spent shooting the content, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    dealing with model drama, flaky models, recruiting
    These three items seem to becoming more and more of an issue as of late in the industry for sure.

Great list of things so far btw, lets keep them coming there must be more negatives to add other than what has already been mentioned.

Regards,

Lee

it doesn't work that way... lots of guys want videos. they watch the same videos over and over. some only want to watch the last clip of each video so they can watch the cumshots only.

besides, what fully nude feed with masturbation is 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    BTW if my viewers really want jack-off stuff I have almost 24/7 live shows to take care of them

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    it doesn't work that way... lots of guys want videos. they watch the same videos over and over. some only want to watch the last clip of each video so they can watch the cumshots only.

besides, what fully nude feed with masturbation is 24/7?
    Well I did say almost, but I have like 20 live feed sites, off hand I think in fraternity guys right now their is a guy with his dick out , or at least like an hour or so ago their was. I am sure some people do like jack-off stuff I do offer it, but its definitely not at the top of the list for 90% of my viewers. I look at it like this I would rather have one good action video rather than 3 jack-off ones, but that maybe just me.

maxpower
    BTW I don’t blame you if you don’t like me, it seems that we look at almost everything in a different way, but personally I am ok with it.

i've never seen a 24/7 live feed that shows dick - and i've reveiwed over 300 gay paysites.

lee, if you have the patience to do the shoots, are careful enough to really check the i.d., don't mind the models who flake, who can't get it up, who can't cum - well, it's all about patience, i guess. i've known people who heard from hysterical models who suddenly realized anyone could see them naked - can you please take down their content?

also exclusive content is for people don't mind dealing with the paperwork, not only for 2257 but for your own records.

and let's not forget local laws. there's one guy who got in massive legal trouble because he shot in his own nightclub when it was closed. there are laws about commercial vs residential areas to shoot in plus things like in california where all models must be considered employees.

hoofs
    There have been some very useful comments made in this discussion.

Speaking of protecting content. This is a story in the news today about Google, adult content thumbnail images and copyright:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4742382.stm

Lee and boyfunk, you made interesting points, what do you think the reasons are that issues with models and recruitment have increased lately?

Regards,

Jim