Thread: Are webmasters making more money making free sites or making aen sites?

Marc

Are webmasters making more money making free sites or making aen sites?

I do my normal thing but have a few extra hours a day I could spend doing more work.
    I dont know if I should spend it making free sites and submitting them to link lists, or making small aen sites (formerly called avs sites) and submitting those to aens.

Which would be more profitable to spend my time doing?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Marc,

In all honesty, AEN / AVS and Free Sites cant really be compared equally as they are two completely different things when it comes to how they are marketed and, the amount of marketing found inside them.

That being said, we have a few GWW Community members who make a lot of money from AEN / AVS sites but, a lot of them that also make money on Free Sites.

My personal preference is to go the free site route as there really arent any pre-defined rules that *I* have to stick to on them whilst, on AEN sites, there are.

If you havent tried building AEN sites before, i say give it a go if, you can afford the additional time, you might find they work really well for you and, its always a good learning experience for you also, even if you dont make any sales.

Im sure some of our other community members will give you some feedback on this topic too

Regards,

Lee

why not do both? In all reality the only difference between a freesite and an aen site is that you replace the "enter site here" link with the auto-generated AEN code. It should only take you maybe 2 extra minutes to change that and do both.

cheers,
    Luke

Lukes right ... a good progression to maximizing your best return for time and design/ad media is to:

1. make galleries for tgp submission - ideally 1 gallery has 15 pics for best acceptance all around, and submit to the tgp sites.

2. take galleries you did above that represent a niche/sponsor - that total up to around 30 pics (2 galleries), make an index and main page and do the free site, and add recips and submit to link lists (use a clean, no tgp recip version for the galleries on this)

3. Now bundle up 5 galleries that go with one or two sponsors that equal 50 or more photos and do an AVS with them. In most AVS you can also put each large photo on an actual HTML page if you want for more banner and selling space, but does require time to create that first series of pages unless you use a gallery generator. And once again - submit to linklists accepting AVS sites.

Dzinerbear
    Also, if you do AEN sites you're killing two birds with one stone: (1) If the content is interesting enough, you'll sell some MANcheck memberships to non-MANcheck members; and (2) the MANcheck members who access your gallery may be interested in your secondary sponsor.

Cheers,
    Michael

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Lukes right ... a good progression to maximizing your best return for time and design/ad media is to ...
    :thumbsup:
    Awesome - thanks for sharing, Bec.

To illustrate further what you'd have with starting out your week with a regular schedule and focusing each week on the same niche:

Let's say week 1 you focus on straight amateurs and will build galleries that fit that niche and use 2 sponsors that have sites you're an affiliate for (or own). You'll use text and meta tags, page and folder names, and titles utilizing the best keywords for that niche/genre of sites.
    Monday:

Make 15 image template and setup 2 galleries and submit to the TGP sites
    1 - gallery of Sponsor A
    1 - gallery of Sponsor B

Make a folder for freesites

Name the first freesite folder, copy in the above 2 galleries, add an index page and main page (tip: name the main page to match a keyword or two) add 4-6 recips to get started, and submit to Link lists

Tues - thru - Friday

Repeat Monday's work list: 2 galleries, and 1 Free site

Now on Friday you can start the AVS's - or leave that for a Saturday project.

But either take all 5 galleries you did during the week for sponsor A, or use some from A and some from B and move them to an AVS folder. Do another folder and use the other 5 galleries.

Come up with good keyword names for your AVS sites, make a one or 2 page tour and a join page. Add in the links for the 5 galleries into a member subfolder along with a member "home" page to serve the links from. Submit them to one or more AVS sites like Mancheck, Ugas, etc. (doing multiple sites requires some php parsing or seperate folders for the tour part, they can share the same member area)

Once it's approved, (This may take a day or longer, depending which AVS sites you decide to use.) and your join code is in place and all is functioning, you then add recip links to the index page of your AVS site and submit it to link lists and directories just like you did for the free sites.

If you yourself own a link list you now have at the end of a week:

10 submitted galleries that link off your hubsite
    5 freesites that link off your hubsite
    2 AVS sites that link off your hubsite

...all working to generate short term and long term traffic and sales to paysites you own or affiliate for.

Week 2 - repeat the process, change or stay with the same niche, depending on what you need to promote.:sun:

Marc
    Excellent responses, thanks
    I need to re-organize my pc to do this all efficiently

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Marc,

Heres a couple of tutorials that might help you out whichever route you choose..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ead.php?t=1991

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ead.php?t=1974

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Excellent responses, thanks
    I need to re-organize my pc to do this all efficiently
    its amazing what you can accomplish once you get organised...I just wish I was as organized as I like to tell other people to be.

cheers,
    Luke