Thread: E-mailing deleted Users?

maxpower

E-mailing deleted Users?

Anyone know of a way I can e-mail all my old members to welcome them back? I have really never used spam, and I don’t really look at this as spam, but how do I e-mail that many people easily and hopefully with out providing the address of everyone on my list?

The first thing I would ask is what does your Privacy Policy state? You do have one right? Does it state that members and former members may receive announcements until they unsubscribe?

As for mass Emails, there are lots of programs that will assist you in managing your Email list(s). One is MOJO Mail (now named DADA).

Dzinerbear
    You have to look at this as spam because even if you don't think it is someone else will and they can report you. If you haven't done what you're supposed to, you're in for some big fines.

Read this article for some idea of what you're up against:

http://www.xbiz.com/news_piece.php?i...ing=can%20spam

Here's a rundown of the law's main provisions:

* It bans false or misleading header information. Your email's "From," "To," and routing information – including the originating domain name and email address – must be accurate and identify the person who initiated the email.

* It prohibits deceptive subject lines. The subject line cannot mislead the recipient about the contents or subject matter of the message.

* It requires that your email give recipients an opt-out method. You must provide a return email address or another Internet-based response mechanism that allows a recipient to ask you not to send future email messages to that email address, and you must honor the requests. You may create a "menu" of choices to allow a recipient to opt out of certain types of messages, but you must include the option to end any commercial messages from the sender.

And here's a link to the actual legislation:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm

Cheers,
    Michael

maxpower
    Well I am only wanting to e-mail my deleted members to welcome them back at my new lower price, you can call it spam or what ever you want, but I am still going to do it. Hell its better than 99% of the BS I get every day from random people. BTW I talked to me hosting company and they are going to take care of it for me tomorrow

Dzinerbear
    It's not a matter of whether I call it SPAM, the U.S. government may and if they get sufficient complaints about you, you'll be paying a big fine or spending some time with Bubba bending over for the soap.

Michael