Thread: Would you consider this email SPAM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Nope...

Looks OK to me. I would not consider it spam.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

robin
    I delete those types of emails for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons is because it's obvious that they sent the exact same email to a whack of other people at the same time. (bcc and lack of personalization.) Another reason is because generally I've found that such solicitations never give me a link back. And thirdly I don't give banner links to anyone except for those I'm affiliated with.

on the one hand, no - i do not consider this spam.

on the other hand it's such a lousy letter *LOL*

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Well, I guess that according to Spamhaus it is not spam, because it does not cross the required threshold of fulfilling both checks for a spam definition....

1. Bulk impersonal emails
    2. Unsolicited.

It is a bulk impersonal email, obviously sent to a list without any attempt at personalization, so on this basis alone, I would delete it. I think it would further be obvious that any link back to my site would be buried on some off the beaten path link page which would do me little to no good for traffic, albeit there might be some added triangulation, link popularity, back links credit for it. if this were sent to a list of 5000, and 200 links were obtained... (on a lucky day!!!) my recip from him would be so buried as to never achieve any visability... How could he possibly put the same type of banners as he wants placed on my site, on his link page? The page would never load!

I thought all emails from even subscriber lists had to provide an unsubscribe function....a way to opt out of the list....to be safe from a spam designation.

I think it was poorly done, and if this solicitation is so poorly constructed, or blindly sent out... what kind of attention is going to be paid or construction given to the reciprocal links page he indicates he would put my banner on?

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Just reply back to him and say I am not interested in your product and please don't email me again. Or just delete it.

My family members and friends use to send me fwds all of the time of jokes, etc. I just email them back and say don't send me anymore of this type of email and they stop doing it.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html