Thread: What Happens To Last Years Dictionarys?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Happens To Last Years Dictionarys?

If they dont get sold?

Things that make you go hmmm....

The reason i ask is that i have just been doing some research ongay slang terms tying to find how many of the are actually in the dictionary and i figured there must be one or two (at least) new words added to the dictionary every year so, where do old unsold dictionarys go? I mean its not like you would walk into Barnes And Noble tomorrow if you wanted to buy a dictionary and ask for the 1998 copy is it?

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    They're returned to the supplier for credit, and are then liquidated by selling them at cut rate prices to dollar stores, book clearance houses and schools (makes you confident in the education system, doesn't it?).

Any unsold product is recycled into pulp and is made into new books.

I feel like the biggest turd right now.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jasun
    They're returned to the supplier for credit, and are then liquidated by selling them at cut rate prices to dollar stores, book clearance houses and schools (makes you confident in the education system, doesn't it?).

Any unsold product is recycled into pulp and is made into new books.

I feel like the biggest turd right now.
    Don't bud.. LOL Cause I know that too.

However, when I worked for a large book retailer we had to rip the covers off of the soft bound/paperback books and returned those for credit. Only hard covers went back for remainder sales or recyling.

What drove me crazy was, we had to send those books we ripped the covers off of directly to recycling. I used to kill me knowing how many children could use those books. Of course it was retail and the point was to SELL them, but it still irked me.

Now we're both turds

GA

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Okay then

Regards,

Lee