Thread: Best Content Management System?

dimenxion

I Wonder? Best Content Management System?

I'm a new webmaster, and I've come across a few different programs that offer content management solutions. What is the best program on the market in your opinion, and why?? Some of the products I've come across were:

http://www.mansionproductions.com/mas/
    http://www.elevatedx.com/

I would like to hear some feedback on these products, and whether or not they are worth the money. What is the top of the line program for this type of solution?

Natastudio
    Did you see aWIZ Paysite Manager?

Mugshot
    I heard MAS is really good and that they are good peeps :light:

There are several CMS programs available for adult, but for something that's reasonably priced give www.sitedepth.com a try. Omar will take good care of you too!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'm interested in knowing if anyone has used CARMA, the new content manager from the people who wrote NATS. It's only been available since November or December, but I haven't found anyone actually using it yet.

I am with Bec on this one, a lot of my clients are getting sitedepth installed now and are very happy with it.

cheers!
    Luke

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT use MAS. i have used it in the past for both small and larger affiliate programs. the MAS program is difficult to use, lacks a lot of necessary features, is very slow and does not allow you to stream videos.

i basically had to tear the thing apart and re-write a ton of code and my own modules to get the thing to work properly.

the thing is just a mess, PLUS they want to charge you like $5000 or some crazy amount like that....plus every domain you have is an extra "x" amount of dollars.

the only good thing is that Ross and Mom that provide support for MAS are very nice and provide excellent help.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You could also go the custom route, thats what i ended up doing and im so glad that i did.

Regards,

Lee

dimenxion
    Yeah I'm going the custom route, and paying ALLOT loss, with ALLOT more FEATURES than mas. Personally I don't see what the big deal about mas is in the first place. It doesnt give that many features to your subscribers.

actually i didn't have the same experience with MAS that haganxy did. i found MAS pretty easy to use, incredibly powerful, had lots of features and worked on the same server without slowing us down. i also found support to be almost supernaturally supportive when i had issues - and since the owner of the program i was with used to panic at the drop of a hat, it was nice of them to be so available to us.