Thread: The Simpsons Movie...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

The Simpsons Movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49IDp76kjPw

Looks like it could be the trailer for the rumored Simpsons movie

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    Good job on imitating the intro sequence. The characters are far from close to the originals: THAT boy is not Bart (looks more like Denis the Menace); that girl is not Lisa (a redhead ... WTF - they even watch the show?); where's Marge's tower of blue hair; and Homer has more than three hairs on his head, and is somewhat over-weight, as apposed to something closer to John Goodman's size.

Also, that does not look like the streets of Springfield USA ... more like some country in Eastern European (CzechRep. or around).

GMPass_Ryan
    I think that's just one of the many openings they use at the begining of the cartoon series...

The feature film doesn't go into production for another 3 years, and they've decided once and for all that it wil NOT be live-action.

But that was pretty cute.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have to disagree Paco. I think they were dead on. I think if they did do a live action Simpsons and they made them all yellow cartoonish looking people it would just be silly. Although I to think Marge should have a modified beehive, but in our world it would look pretty silly.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

BTW, what color hair do Lisa and Bart actually have??? Blonde? If their skin is yellow and the hair doesn't seem to be a separate part of the body, do they just have big spiky hairless heads?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike
    BTW, what color hair do Lisa and Bart actually have??? Blonde? If their skin is yellow and the hair doesn't seem to be a separate part of the body, do they just have big spiky hairless heads?
    Yup, spiky yellow hair.

Bart should be wearing a blue pair of shorts and an orange T-shirt.
    Lisa, a red strapless knee high dress.

If they are going to bother changing it (to what is now modern), she should have on a pair of hipsters with a visible thong or tbar.

And Bart ... he should be sporting a streaked faux-hawk with Diesel jeans, a tie for a belt etc...

That girl looks like that child that sings/sung 'on the good ship, lipop...' (whatever it's titled, and whomever she was/is).

Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    That girl looks like that child that sings/sung 'on the good ship, lipop...' (whatever it's titled, and whomever she was/is).
    Thank you Paco. You've just officially made me feel old. At 36, no less. I never thought I would see the day when our American Icons were forgotten. Her name was Shirley Temple. And just for the record, the woman who gets her white dress blown up by the subway was Marylin Monroe and closeted homo in Rebel Without A Cause is James Dean.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike
    Thank you Paco. You've just officially made me feel old. At 36, no less.
    What a co inky dinky - I am also 36yo (on paper, which I chose to ignore) ... I am a 69'er!

Hey babe, sorry abooot that, old is not what I wanted you to feel :devil:

Xstr8guy
    That was freaking amazing! I've been a fan since the days of Tracy Ullman. And yes the characters have different appearances but it still works well... it feels right.

If this wasn't created for a movie trailer or an intro to the TV show, why does it exist? This was obviously very expensive to produce... so why?

I saw a piece about that little trailer on TV, and apparently it was created by FOX as an online promo for the program. It has gotten a lot of play and buzz about a potential movie, but its just fox being creative with marketing for the Simpsons.

Very well done though. I likes it.

SLS
    This was the intro to the show last night on Fox. I think they did a fantastic job on it , but I'd like to know where it was filmed too.

Paco
    yah, lastnight's intro really messed me over - for a brief moment I thought I was watching on my system/PC.

The intro was created (supposedly) by FOX (with Matt G's approval) to launch a the new SKY One channel, in the UK.