Thread: Slideshow software / scripts

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Slideshow software / scripts

Anyone have a recommendation for some software package will create all the necessary coding for a slideshow? Want something that I can drop the photo's into, and set various options, as well as generate the necessary code to use in a web page to show it on?

Seen some free scripts that are pretty basic, but I need to add text to each photo display as well as have controls so the surfer can fast forward, rewind, etc. These are static photos.

Need something for a project I am working on, so any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

robin
    Arles Web Page Creator has a slideshow builder in it -- not sure if it'll do what you're wanting though.

I can recommend one if I had a clearer idea of where and how you'd be using the feature, but I'll toss these out and let you figure out if they fit the bill

In a blog or small table area on a page, you might want to look at FIG - http://www.flashimagegallery.comit's a free blog gallery program and works using PHP and mySql. Was easy to install. You can see one in action here: http://www.bestgayblogs.net/fig/ just click on the menu and select one to have it show you what it can do.

The other, and a lot more intensive a program is the open source Coppermine Photo Gallery. It may well be a lot more program than you're needing. You can demo it, and several others here: http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.p...189&Itemid=159

Thanks Robin & Bec.

What I am looking for is a program that I can use on my computer to make a slideshow for uploading so the surfer can view a collection of images. Each image also requires a tag or text block below that I can add description to.

An example would be say you had 20 models and wanted a content buyer to see the whole array... I want them to be able to go to an html page, where the slideshow is encoded on. Then they can choose to stop it for a closer look, or forward it or reverse it... the images would have to be able to be hyperlinked within as well so if they clicked it they would be able to go directly to that specific page relating to the image. Again using the model example, say that they liked Robbie and clicked on it, it would take them to his gallery or content set page listing more about him.

That first one is interesting Bec, though not applicable I think for this project. Aries looks good too but can't find any info on a slideshow option. The coppermine seems way too much but i'll explore it more.

Thanks, any other suggestions?
    :thumbsup:

Actually, what would probably work for you may be at www.anfyflash.com - take a look at their slideshow options. I've used that site, and the image scroller script moves images until they mouse on it and either slow it or stop it ... and each image can be linked out to another page of some kind.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Also take a look over at http://www.hotscripts.com they have a bunch of image related scripts there

Regards,

Lee

Yep checked them out too, got a couple to play with anyhow also found some at dynamic drive I think its called. Though I am playing with coppermine right now.. nice and easy so far though I am still trying to figure out stuff... more than likely for now I'll go with a simple script, while shopping. :thumbsup:

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    Hi Gaystoryman!
    I sent you a PM!
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com