Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did You Watch The Oscars?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Did You Watch The Oscars?

I caught the end of it and im really glad that Crash got the final award

Dolly Parton kinda looked even more scary than usual, she looked REALLY out of shape (proportion wise).

What was your favorite part of the Oscars?

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    No, I did not, nor do I usually, watch the Oscars - I was too busy playing in the mountains.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Dolly, God bless her, always looked like she's about to tip over with those bit titties.

I didn't watch the Oscars either

Scorpio
    Didn't watch it either and never did actually. Just something that doesn't interest me.

maxpower
    I did not watch it, but I am not happy about the way Hollywood pussied out! Yet again its up to us and really us alone to provide gay entertainment and examples to the world. :evil:

I don't have a TV, so it's not like I could watch anyway, but I'm not really interested at all.

I mean, let's see... Eminem, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and that shitty rap group who's name I don't care about all have Oscars, so it's not like they actually MEAN anything anymore, do they?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Nope, not interested in it at all. I think I watched part of it once a few years back and it was nothing but "I want to to thank god" blah blah. The only awards show I like is the BAFTAs, those brits rock!

cheers,
    Luke

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    no. i don't care about movies or TV or whatever those awards are about.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    I don't have a TV, so it's not like I could watch anyway, but I'm not really interested at all.

I mean, let's see... Eminem, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and that shitty rap group who's name I don't care about all have Oscars, so it's not like they actually MEAN anything anymore, do they?
    Ok Jasun I agree with you to a point. Nicole Kidman is a very talented actress who deserves an Oscar. I think she one of the best actresses working in movies today. The other ones i agree with you.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    I DVRed it so I could scan through and watch John Stewart's parts, along with Reese Witherspoon's acceptance speech (because I knew that'd entail some good camera time for the ever-present Spousal Reaction Shot with Ryan Phillippe. Hubba Hubba).

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

desslock
    Boy..... everyone's so much fun.

Well I watched the whole thing. I haven't watched the Academy Awards in a number of years. However this year my interest was captured by the many very interesting films in nomination.

I thought the distribution of awards ended up well.... and Crash winning Best Picture was a perfect surprise ending.

I recommend over and above everything if anyone wants to watch something out of the nominated movies to go see Capote and Mrs Henderson Presents.

Go see Capote for something strong and serious, and go see Mrs Henderson Presents for something nice and lighthearted. Both are excellent in every respect.

Steve

I also watched it, and was a bit surprised that Crash took the top honor for best film ... part of me was really hoping it'd be Brokeback Mountain even though I haven't seen it yet.

They had to have extra police around the red carpet this year because of all the protestors that showed up bashing the Brokeback nomination.

Overall, I was pleased with the awards distribution... and have some films on my "want to see list" now as well. A lot of the montages they created were very compelling sales tools!

One thing they do that I always appreciate is the memormium, part of me is always surprised at who has passed away. It was regrettable that Richard Pryor was on that list this year ... what a talented actor/comedian.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I watched the ending. I don't really care anymore. I was glad a lot of the cute comedy bits were thrown up on YouTube right away. They did a great montage of cowboy movies that made them all look like Brokeback Mountain, and all cowboy movies are a little homoerotic anyway. So I liked that bit.

I'll tell ya, though, living in LA, the oscars means that you take the day and do something out of town. Traffic is insane for the whole week because Hollywood Blvd is closed get the whole red carpet facade ready for the front of the Kodak. People go into this frenzy and have all these parties so the evening after the show there's tons of drunk drivers all over the roads. I'm a little jadded.

And about the show itself. I'm glad the rap groups are allowed to swear on the live awards show without any kind of reprimand. I'm sure if Reese Witherspoon got her award and said "Wow, this is pretty fuckin' sweet!" she would have been ostracized and never asked back. It would be in all the papers and there would be a huge scandal. And when Bjork wore that swan dress people make all kinds of fun of her, but these rappers can wear football jerseys and bling bling and look like they just stumbled out of a cheap nightclub, but that's okay. Why should they have to put on something nice? It's only the oscars.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

rick
    I watched part of it and loved the "gay hollywood movies" segment -- it was hysterical. I've buy a DVD of the Oscars just to see that again.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by rick
    I watched part of it and loved the "gay hollywood movies" segment -- it was hysterical. I've buy a DVD of the Oscars just to see that again.
    Ask... and you shall receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwivt...tewart%20oscar

You can send me the $30 you would have spent on a DVD of the oscars. I take paypal. :bush:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com