Thread: What does a legally correct 2257 page look like?

Marc

What does a legally correct 2257 page look like?

On another board theres a guy who goes around saying that peoples 2257 pages are all wrong, but doesnt say why,.

so I was wondering whats it supposed to look like and what exactly is it supposed to say on it?

Most sponsors just list all the companies where they bought their content from on a grid. is that the right way?

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    It may be a good idea to have a lawyer in our industry, such as Chad Belville - ChadKnowsLaw is his nick on here and he will do a review on your site for a small fee to make sure you are in total compliance, that will prob be your best bet. He will also let you know what your 2257 page should say, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

desslock
    Just keep in mind, that from anyone, either a lawyer or from that yahoo on the other board .... it is an opinion.

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    Just keep in mind, that from anyone, either a lawyer or from that yahoo on the other board .... it is an opinion.

Steve
    Indeed.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Indeed.

Regards,

Lee

ya ya ya.

Where is the eye-roll smiley???

There are no rules what a 2257 page should look like, only a rule that gives the exact language of what the LINK to the page must say.

The information on your 2257 page needs to include the name of the individual who is responsible for the 2257 database and the physical address where the individual and records are located. The address does need to be a place of business and it must not be a PO box. If that place of business is a home address where the business is located, then that is the address that should be provided. If the business has more than one location, the location where the records are stored is the appropriate location. The individual needs to be a real person that is an employee or officer of your company.

How the page looks is up to you, as long as the required information is on it then you have complied with the law as it stands today.

If anyone knows of any reason why this is incorrect, please PLEASE say so. As earlier stated, what I say is only an opinion and I have been wrong before--I think that is why it is called the PRACTICE of law :-) .
    However, my opinion is backed up with a malpractice insurance policy.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Woof! haha.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Yea, I'm taking this a little off topic - but can a spider bot be written to look for a specific something ... say that exact wording needed to display the 2257 link and return a list of urls to the spider's home base?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    However, my opinion is backed up with a malpractice insurance policy.

oooh i wonder if you can get insurance against 2257 complience
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive
    oooh i wonder if you can get insurance against 2257 complience

Sure you can. Pay me a retainer every month, and if you are charged with a violation of 2257 I will defend you or give you $XXX for you to pay an attorney of your choosing!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Yea, I'm taking this a little off topic - but can a spider bot be written to look for a specific something ... say that exact wording needed to display the 2257 link and return a list of urls to the spider's home base?
    I do not see why not.

Now I specifically titled my 2557 link language with English synonyms of what the code specifies. And my statement is along the lampoon lines of Dzinerbear's.

The title requirement of the 2257 link is certainly one thing that galls me...and I think representative of the free speech problems with the
    code It's also given me cause to wonder where does that authority even comes from. We know that the FDA can specifiy labels on food. But I don't think that was the intent of Congress with the bill that birthed Section 2257. Is the US Department of Justice a regulatory agency like the Food and Drug Administration? The FDA has appointed commissioners to work with the public. How does the public exercize its rights under law in regards to these regulations?

Anyway... I digress...

Steve

mm ... my thought process went along the lines of a database that would filter those that have a clue from those that don't about 2257 regs by using that specific title/link requirement as a means to search with... info that would be of interest/use to various government agencies.