Thread: Actions of Affiliate Program Operators

Actions of Affiliate Program Operators

We always expect to find shitty sites now and again, but I'm always surprised when seemingly well run, albeit, usually fairly new or small sites, do really inexplicable things in order to gain a few extra quick sales.

Here are some examples that always leave me perplexed:

- Implementation of multiple processors without integrating a cascading billing system which credits affiliates for their traffic/sign ups, regardless of the processor used? You are basically stealing traffic from your affiliates! This is a sure way to piss off the people that send you quality traffic. Believe me they will drop you in a second.

- Numerous traffic leaks on your preview/tour pages! A link page is fine, but links to external sites that you don't credit the affiliate for is just crazy! Again, you are stealing traffic from your affiliates.

- Pop-Ups & especially pop-ups to pages within your own site! Great way to send a huge red flag to the once perspective member!

- Changing processors and integrating their affiliate processing & not announcing this to your current affiliates.

- The age old problem of not responding to affiliate Emails must be included...

There are more, but these are the ones that got my goat today! :boo:

Seth - didn't know you had a goat

in all seriousness, i work with a lot of smaller program owners and it never even occurs to them that having a second processer that affiliates don't get paid for or having a page full of links is an issue. it takes a lot of explanation to get them to understand what the problem is - some never do. them i stop working with.

don't forget selling videos on their tour - the affiliates don't get part of that either. i see it all the time

maxpower
    Hell I don’t even have pop-ups on my members site, much less anything like that. But at least they pay you, the only affiliate program that I am with has not paid me in a month and 1/2

why bring that up here when you already have a thread going about it?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Hell I don’t even have pop-ups on my members site, much less anything like that. But at least they pay you, the only affiliate program that I am with has not paid me in a month and 1/2

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah, traffic leaks on a tour is one of my major peeves to.

Like Patti said, a lot of programs simpy dont understand that what they are doing isnt helping them though.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    they have traffic leaks because they have to pay you $35 per signup

or so they say

lots of smaller revshare programs have tons of traffic leaks - they are usually the worst offenders because they don't really "get it". they don't think sending their affiliates hits to link trades and sponsors is stealing our traffic - but it really is.