Thread: Dontcha Wish Your Soundtrack Was Hot Like Mine?

SLS

Dontcha Wish Your Soundtrack Was Hot Like Mine?

Heeey everybody! Gosh I missed you guys (and gals) but I've been on a brief hiatus from, well everything. BUT I've continued writing my book, and improving my music skills.

So now I'm back to work on soundslikesex.com, uploading a complete redesign tonight with my first CD-only release. Everyone dissed on my old model so much I kinda jumped ship, but I took all the advice and am doing things now on a level I can deal with and keep up with, one simple release on cd at a time. Everything I put out before though did sell, and I hear most of it has even been used all over ynotradio. So I know I at least am writing music that has a market.

So now to get to the questions:

I want to release my soundtracks (songs for use in adult productions) one track at a time, on cd for $25. So each cd will really have the original track, a couple remixes, an intro edit and a credits edit. Does this sound reasonable? Would a different format/setup be more productive/useful? This way people can preview the tracks in a lower quality mp3 format, then actually buy the cd and have a physical copy if they want to use them.

I'm putting a ton of work into each track but really I'll be happy if each release makes one sale and is used in something. Is anyone here interested at all? Do producers still actively seek good music for their productions or is everyone just using "stock" now?

Alternatively I could also up the price to $50 per cd and only sell one copy of each so that producers end up with exclusive tracks. Would that be better, and do producers care about having exclusive rights to the music they use?

maxpower
    So you are the one that makes those horrible songs I hear in gay movies

SLS
    No I'm the one whose trying to replace those horrid messes with something that works. But not for the money or the fame, or the glory (heh). Just for personal satisfaction. So I can go "Yeah, yeah I know that guy is hot. But I'm trying to tell...yes that IS what they are doing, listen shutup. I'm trying to tell you I wrote the...I don't know the guys name! aw fuck it..."

are you going to include loops for that $25?

SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    are you going to include loops for that $25?
    I easily can. I didn't know there was any kind of a need for them. What would be the use of a loop vs a full song?

to make it easier to make the music fit the length of the video. a 4 minute song may not end at a natural fade-out spot in a 6 minute video. lately i've taken to always buying loops when i buy a song because it's too much trouble to cut 'em myself.

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    We donīt need exclusive rights to the music.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS
    I easily can. I didn't know there was any kind of a need for them. What would be the use of a loop vs a full song?
    Yes, also for us are loops important. Makes the work much easier!
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com