Thread: How Long Until DVD Movie Content Becomes A Thing Of The Past?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyd
    A large studio/distributor will primarily want to buy rights for say 10 years for a fixed price, say $10k or $30k a flick. The big studio/distributor will rarely make some "deal" where the content provider receives a cut or royalties. This means a lot of content producers hold onto their flicks in hopes to get them out there on their own, which is hard to do without a studio/distributor.

Why there is a difference between so many straight products making it to market versus gay, I don't know, but it might stem from the higher number of straight productions produced, or a lower number of gay production companies (content providers) who knock out titles on a freelance basis for studios/distributors.
    $10k-30k per flick? That certainly can't be the cost to license to a content broker... that's gotta be for all distribution rights.

stickyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    $10k-30k per flick? That certainly can't be the cost to license to a content broker... that's gotta be for all distribution rights.
    Yeah, exaclty, for all.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think it still has a place, but Lee is right, it's hard to get new stuff from distributers. But it's all about keeping up with it. We're pretty lucky as we've been getting good stuff in and I hope we can get more. But I like having a mix of DVD videos and content specific individual scenes, so people have more of a choice.

As far as Xstr8guy's comment... um... no comment.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com