Thread: about .com domains

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar

about .com domains

lately is impossible to find decent .com domain names

what do you think about use .ws .us ?
    both are under 10$ year like .com domains

but maybe the surfers not remember the termination .ws or .us

robin
    Surfers tend to remember .com and very little else unless it's a country specific domain extension and even then...

Personally -- my main sites are all .com with the exception of a couple of .ca's because they're on a country specific topic, for those though I also own the .com's and .net's. Speaking of which, although I own the .net's for all of my sites I only use one of them in the active sense.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    location! , location! , location!

i agree with ".com " being the best possible choice for people to locate you on the internet.
    in regards to finding decent names although it may seem alot are taken not all are being used and/or may be negotiated for a $

sincerely ..."l*ngboardjim.com"... :goof:

i still find good .com domains all the time. creativity and combining different keywords and a little patience works every time

be creative, there are still some great ones out there!

cheers,
    Luke

Xstr8guy
    A few years ago I thought all good dot coms were taken. So I bought a bunch of dot net, tv, us, cn and whatever domains because I could get good keywords in short domain names.

Now I almost never use those domains. Instead I buy dot com domains with 2 or 3 keywords and try to make them memorable. Just the other day I bought bearfuck.com which expired in 2004 and was never picked up by anyone. You can't beat that... 2 good keywords in an eight letter domain name!

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Just the other day I bought bearfuck.com which expired in 2004 and was never picked up by anyone. You can't beat that... 2 good keywords in an eight letter domain name!
    Sweet Score! :woof: