Thread: E-mail News Letter

maxpower

E-mail News Letter

I am having allot of trouble finding out how to send out a news letter out to like 850 people. I would really like it to not have the e-mail address of the other members on it, and a few image files would be nice to be able to include. Could any of you tell me how I can do this? I am really in the dark about this, and any help would really be appreciated.

maxpower
    OK I think I have figured out how to send the e-mails myself now :teach: Anyone have any good suggestions on what I should say other than just “Rejoin my site mother fuckers” I have never really sent out a bulk e-mail before, and I don’t want it to come off like the 500 Spam’s I get a day

maxpower
    So is it a bad idea to send out a html e-mail or do I have to stick with just boring text? From what I can tell allot of filters will not accept html e-mails

I assume you found a program that will create an email per person and do some customizations to each email (like entering the person's name, etc) so that they don't get stopped as being spam...esp if you are sending large quantities of them to a single email provider like aol, msn, hotmail, etc.

As for txt vs html, I prefer html. txt emails are boring!

cheers,
    Luke

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I assume you found a program that will create an email per person and do some customizations to each email (like entering the person's name, etc) so that they don't get stopped as being spam...esp if you are sending large quantities of them to a single email provider like aol, msn, hotmail, etc.

cheers,
    Luke

Ya I got it to work, I used html too sent all 900 of them off about an hour ago, still not sure if it will work yet. What % of these would you think will become sales, keep in mind all the e-mails are to previous members so at least I know they will join something, and I have made allot of improvements.

No idea, but I would be interested in hearing back from you how successful it was.

cheers,
    Luke

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost

cheers,
    Luke
    Luke,

In your humble opinion, what's a good email program that will allow per person customization?

We currently use SubPro and would like to find something with a bit more customization features.

Bill

TheWhack
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill
    Luke,

In your humble opinion, what's a good email program that will allow per person customization?

We currently use SubPro and would like to find something with a bit more customization features.

Bill

I recommend Dada Mail. I dont know what you mean by "per person customization" though. I have been sending double-opt emails for 2 years now. I have found a lot of wording/banners that work and dont work. A lot of trial and error.

Anyone have questions just ask webmaster at thewhack.com

I used to recommend mojo mail, but its now become dada mail which I haven't tried out yet. But if its like mojo used to be, its prolly one of the best ones available. I don't know if its still free either.

cheers,
    Luke

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Luke,

Thanks, appreciate it. Will check it out!

Bill

Paco
    I prefer plain text, for many reasons:
    - the size of my archive (I do not throw out e-mail, unless it is spam - since 1999).
    - I do not need pretty pictures and hyperlinks to convince me of anything - that is what the site is for, as far as I am concerned.
    - it's next to impossible to sneak some 'thing' by, in a text e-mail.

JustBryce
    We use this... It is very robust and customizeable...

http://www.octeth.com/products/oempro/