Thread: Have you tried the new AIM Triton ?

curiousbunny

Have you tried the new AIM Triton ?

I bought a new laptop so i went to aim.com to install aol messenger and I found this new aim triton. I downloaded the file and did the install its great! Apparently, you can now transfer files regarldes of the file size and the GUI is pretty cool!:gossip:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    My only problem with this new version is all the weird noises it keeps making at what seems like, random intervals :eek:

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    I have had aim tritron for a while now. You will find it is slow because all of the gui, it seems hard to delete offline buddies from your list, you have to go through a ordeal to show the entire buddy list offline and then you can delete it. So the mgmt of your buddy list can be a bit annoying, other then that it's ok.

I mainly use it for chatting, I don't need all of the other goodies that comes with it, so they basically slow me down and get in the way.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Oh I forgot to add one thing, it may not be specific to aim tritron, but the past few nights I have had to mute my laptop because of their stupid movie advertisements would just keep playing the trailer and wouldn't stop, really pissed me off, that is worse then spam.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Dzinerbear
    it's a pain in the butt, it'll tell me every once in a while "You are no longer rate limited and can now send messages." I have no idea what that means and I can't find it anywhere. But it seems to just leave me hanging where I can't send or recieve messages, but it looks like I'm ignoring people.

Michael

Hi Michael,

It means you are sending the messages too quickly. Need to give a certain amount of time between sending. ((hugs))
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Dzinerbear
    Now how did you figure that out?

Michael

Because when I was sending messages real quick to my friend it did that. I know all of the other aim versions and aol would do that. It is used to prevent you from flooding someone with messages. Chat rooms have this feature enabled as well. Message flood prevention. ((hugs))
    Thanks,
    Jacob

curiousbunny
    well i dont like it so much either now i keep getting pop ups on the bottom right to install more aol crap and yes i hate those movie trailers 2. never again w/that shit

The one neat thing it does is keep track of the messages you sent. Say we have a message and I close the window, aim by default will keep the prior messages in the window in memory, even if you close it.

Other then that, nothing else blew up my skirt regarding it, just more gui crap and sluggish.

If I think of any other pro's I will let you know. I have had it for like 4 months now, so I am kind of use to it now and forget or overlook the differences between the old and new version.
    Thanks,
    Jacob