Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What movie editing software do you guys use?

davespeedoevans

What movie editing software do you guys use?

I'm demoing the adobe stuff now but was just wondering what other people use.

Spending a bit of time on MGP's these days - so more splitting than editting.

i use vegas, and there are several kinds. if you're doing simple editing and splitting, the cheapest one should work fine - and they have an almost fully functional 30 day trial for each. as far as i could tell, the only thing that doesn't work is you can't work with mpgs but everything else was good enough to convince me to buy.

if you basically only need to split stuff, try the boilsoft splitter - it's cheap, fast and excellent.

davespeedoevans
    Basschick - thanks for the tips. Giving them a go now.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I use Sorenson for encoding and splitting some cheapo $30 application i found in Google that does what its supposed to

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We use Premiere, but I hear lots of good things about Vegas from everyone... I'm just incredibly lazy about learning new software, and from a content organization perspective, we have so many Premiere projects and assets, from all our clips and DVDs, switching to something new would just cause a mess for us in terms of supporting two platforms... if you're just starting out, I'd definiltey give Vegas a shot.

premiere is a system hog and was harder to learn.

sorenson is a rocking program and i would hate to do without it, but it's not an editor or a splitter. if people need to encode fast and in bulk, sorenson is the BEST!

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    We also use Premiere and I learned the basic editing in about some hours. So, itīs not so hard to learn. After 2 weeks working with it (both versions for MAC and PC) I learned all what you need for professional video editing.

But if you only need to split video, there is no need to work with a program like this. I think there a enough good free/shareware programs out witch will do it.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Paco
    Premiere, @ the office. A few dedicated dual pro. video boxes are running the lil piggy ware.

Ulead Video Studio @ home.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    We have used Premier, Vegas and Final Cut Pro. Our favorite is the Vegas full version with the DVD software. Easy to use and more features than we will ever need.

Premier is an excellent program but the learning curve is difficult.

Final Cut Pro is also a good system, but MAC based and we're all PC guys so our one last MAC with Final Cut Pro on it is sitting on the floor in my office. We just gave the other one away to a friend. And, Final Cut Pro also is a bit difficult to master.

Bill

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Final Cut Pro 5 here on a Mac Dual 2Ghz power PC.

The integrated features of Final Cut Pro software, OSX operating system, and the Mac hardware make the editing interface very smooth and user friendly, not to mention VERY fast.

iMovie comes with for free! iMovie is very powerful for doing even semi-professional edits.

I edited 51 features and authored 51 DVDs (using DVD Studio Pro 4) - single layer and dual layer - for other Studios in 2005. I re-edited and re-mastered video and authored DVDs for 110 of my titles for my sites and for conversion to Video On Demand.

With integrated software, hardware and operating system, Apple has a powerhouse situation that allows me to crank out high quality products, on fast track.

I've recently rolled-out 15 titles for iPod format mobile video.

While Adobe introduced us to non-linear editing with Premiere for the Mac, then PC, in the early 1990s, and most other software to this day has followed the "Premiere timeline" appearance for the editing interface, Final Cut Pro took additional directions in the early 2000s when Apple bought the still under wraps video editing software - and employees - that Macromedia was developing as a companion to their Flash animation and Dreamweaver web authoring products.

In most professional editing studios today, the two choices are Final Cut Pro and AVID.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    BILL -

I'm your friend.

Can I have the other Mac ?

rhys
    some urls for the progs listed above would be really helpful!:thumbsup:

davespeedoevans
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm going to give Vegas a go.

I'll post in a couple of days time and let you know it work out. Thanks again guys.

_ap_
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer
    Final Cut Pro 5 here on a Mac Dual 2Ghz power PC
    Tom uses the same here, although I regularly hear him bitching from the other side of the office about how he can't believe that Final Cut Pro doesn't support the PAL version of the Sony VX2100. :bomb:

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer
    BILL -

I'm your friend.

Can I have the other Mac ?

Hi Nick,

Do I have to send it over the pond?

Bill