Thread: Thanks to whever put me onto TraceWatch

_ap_

Thanks to whever put me onto TraceWatch

i cant remember who it was but i think it was here.

thanks to whoever put me onto TraceWatch. It's the most kick ass log crunching tool ever, beats all the paid shit and has _exactly_ the right stuffs.

http://tracewatch.com/ if u haven't seen it. PHP only, and it rox0rz.

ap.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Wow, this looks really incredible.

Have you added the PHP code snippet to all pages on your site so you can track every page, or did you just selectively choose certain pages?

The only thing that's a little daunting is changing the .html to .php on each of my site pages, and then making sure that all the links within the site correctly update so they point to the .php pages... seems, even with Dreamweaver's search and replace, I manage to miss links whenever I do global updates.

_ap_
    nah I did the lot. fortunately we did that move to PHP ages ago, only had to add the tag in a few places and it was done.

apparently it has some javascript code for non PHP pages.

damn damn damn, it still doesn't do what referers went to each page. WHY THE FUCK WONT ANY OF THESE APPS SHOW ME REFERS BY DESTINATION FUCKING PAGE. Damn asses of cunts and biotches and sluts, fuckin hrell I'l just fiucking write it myself.

sheesh.

ap.

_ap_
    oh fuckin hell. they ran the code for TraceWatch through some code obfuscating thing so you cant modify it. graaaaaaaaate.

Email the guy who wrote it. It sounds like a one-man operation, and he sounds interested in improving the application, so perhaps he'll make the necessary changes, or give you the source code to do so

_ap_
    good thinkin, i'll hassle mr obfuscation to give me his plaintext warez

Hey, if you succeed in either getting him to make the change or making the change yourself, let me know. We're going to install this puppy and I have the same need you have.

_ap_
    no worries. haven't heard back yet. whats your ICQ?

arrival77

.html --> .php

boyfunk, if you're using Apache you can configure your server to parse .html as .php. You can add a line to httpd.conf to force your server to scan all .html files for PHP code and execute it wherever it finds it. That way you don't have to change the extension on all of your .html files to .php I think the line is: AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .html

Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Wow, this looks really incredible.

Have you added the PHP code snippet to all pages on your site so you can track every page, or did you just selectively choose certain pages?

The only thing that's a little daunting is changing the .html to .php on each of my site pages, and then making sure that all the links within the site correctly update so they point to the .php pages... seems, even with Dreamweaver's search and replace, I manage to miss links whenever I do global updates.