Thread: Question About FHGs....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Question About FHGs....

Just wondered whether you folks thought it would be best to give FHGs their own domain or, host them on the paysites domain in their own sub directory?

I can think of positives and negatives for both methods but i was wondering if you had one method you preferred as affiliates over the other?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    From an affiliate point of view, not sure it really matters too much, but from the sponsor point of view, I'd rather it be on a separate domain.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

why is that? my thought is if the galleries are on the same domain some surfers will go to the root domain... it would be easier to get them directly to the paysite.

on the other hand, fhg's are the most bandwidth-intensive part of a program, so it could make sense to have the fhg's on a different server and domain for the sake of economy.

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    From an affiliate point of view, not sure it really matters too much, but from the sponsor point of view, I'd rather it be on a separate domain.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    See id much rather they were on the same domain as the site they are promoting but, im thinking purely financially

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    because of the nature of traffic on FHG's...and the type of surfer it invites, having it on it's own domain seems to be not only the best economic way to handle them but also the safest.

Sure you will get some surfers to trace back to the root domain, and do the type in, and it certainly has it's marketing value, but I am not so sure that having it on the same domain as the paysite is a good idea.

You have people knowing that the root domain is giving away content, and that all they have to do is wait for you to give more away.

If it is on a separate domain, it is more of a tease as to what this paysite has to offer...

Also, there is the issue of traffic, and the hotlinkers, and the hackers that it invites to your domain.... pointing out a target for the unscrupulous surfers to try and hit.

Plus if you get hit from a hacker or brute force attack, you would not want your paysite server bogged down with the resource drain that this type of attack can cause.

There is also the issue that if on a separate domain, but relatvie to the paysite domain, you have another relevancy pointer to your paysite in the SEO perspective.

tombarr is totally right, you do NOT want FHG traffic to make your paysite load slow, so its best to keep them on different servers. And surfers are quite used to seeing galleries on one domain and clicking through to the paysite on a different domain.

cheers,
    Luek