Thread: Bandwidth Costings

rainbowglobe

Bandwidth Costings

I wondered if there is a formula one can use to calculate the cost of the bandwidth used for streaming sites.

I am interested to know the approx cost of the bandwidth used for a movie of 90 minutes to be downloaded or viewed by a surfer as I am trying to workout a costing per download for a movie site to be launched.

I have 100 movies which I want to make available to surfers and just interested in covering the bandwidth costs and credit card transaction costs only.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    please post the quality the videos are in (64kbit, 128kb, 1Mbit/s...)

the question isn't how long the movie is - the question is how big it is. if the movie is 400mb, that's your bandwidth use right there. if your movie is 1 gig, that's how much bandwidth it will use per download.

if you pay 12 cents per gig, the 400mb movie will cost around 5 cents for the download and 12 cents if the movie is a gig. if you pay 50 cents per gig, the first movie will cost around 20 cents to download and the second will cost 50 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowglobe
    I wondered if there is a formula one can use to calculate the cost of the bandwidth used for streaming sites.

I am interested to know the approx cost of the bandwidth used for a movie of 90 minutes to be downloaded or viewed by a surfer as I am trying to workout a costing per download for a movie site to be launched.

I have 100 movies which I want to make available to surfers and just interested in covering the bandwidth costs and credit card transaction costs only.