Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you buy photo stock?

curiousbunny

How often do you buy photo stock?

not adult photo stock.:3ymca:

Xstr8guy
    Never. . I work exclusively in the adult market and I don't sell softcore baby!

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Jeez... didn't even know there was such a thing.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

graphicsbytia
    If you're talking about photostock for graphics, I've bought them for clients when I did design. That was way back when I actually did have time to design, I kind of miss it

claudio
    There are lots of free photostock sites. There is not a tremendous need of buying stock material. Exept you need reference stuff for 3d work. At least this is what I think.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    too many "photostock" sites out there ( imagine 7 out of 10 people have a camera ) so unless you specialize in the unusual and/or hard to get (exactly how many of you have captured a comet or solar/lunar eclipse?) the competition is fierce. (and you thought it was hard in adult , please!)
    it's interesting at the moment i am swamped with orders for western , i'm guessing it's in the aftermath of "b*okeback mountain" (too bad this doesn't sell well all the time)

sincerely ~ ..."exclusive pictures of mars available!"... :goof:

When designing I usually find what I need from a couple programs I bought that include literally thousands of royalty free images and clipart. Until I got a hold of those, I did use clipart.com when they still had photos as part of the program, then they splintered that off and made it where you needed to pay 2 memberships. Worked out cheaper to just buy the Big Box of Art.

Getting into being a stock photographer really requires a huge portfolio and hoping your stuff is chosen on a consistent basis. I considered doing it many years ago, but don't think I'd attempt it now.

graphicsbytia
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim
    too many "photostock" sites out there ( imagine 7 out of 10 people have a camera ) so unless you specialize in the unusual and/or hard to get (exactly how many of you have captured a comet or solar/lunar eclipse?) the competition is fierce. (and you thought it was hard in adult , please!)
    it's interesting at the moment i am swamped with orders for western , i'm guessing it's in the aftermath of "b*okeback mountain" (too bad this doesn't sell well all the time)

sincerely ~ ..."exclusive pictures of mars available!"... :goof:
    Nice tooling! that horse image is wonderful

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    When designing I usually find what I need from a couple programs I bought that include literally thousands of royalty free images and clipart. Until I got a hold of those, I did use clipart.com when they still had photos as part of the program, then they splintered that off and made it where you needed to pay 2 memberships. Worked out cheaper to just buy the Big Box of Art.

Getting into being a stock photographer really requires a huge portfolio and hoping your stuff is chosen on a consistent basis. I considered doing it many years ago, but don't think I'd attempt it now.

Bec does royalty free mean you can use them to publish on a business website or just for personal use?

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by claudio
    There are lots of free photostock sites. There is not a tremendous need of buying stock material. Exept you need reference stuff for 3d work. At least this is what I think.

oh ya like which ones? thanks:kelly:

claudio
    I'll reply for Bec - royalty free means that you can use them in your personal and commercial projects for free if not specified else. Sometimes the owner (copyright holder allows only the use of non commercial or only with written consent). But - and this is important - you can not behave like the owner or creator of the image. It's the same with licensend stuff. You cannot resell it!
    Only use it in your work/pictures/graphics.

Definitely the best free stock exange in my opinion (tell me others) is Stock.xchng

- http://www.sxc.hu/

then there are e.g.

- http://www.pixelquelle.de/

- http://www.openphoto.net/

- http://www.pixelperfectdigital.com/

For more do a search and you'll find dozens...

good stocking

Quote Originally Posted by curiousbunny
    Bec does royalty free mean you can use them to publish on a business website or just for personal use?
    Claudio is correct - you can use them for both business and personal projects, manipulate them, do pretty much whatever you like, just so you never try to take credit for the image or package them onto a CD for instance and resell them.

curiousbunny
    Thank you both!

blueguy28

Stock Photos

If you are looking for a wide selection of reasonably priced stock photography, check out:

istockphoto.com (starting at $1)
    istockpro.com (much more expensive)

Just be sure to read over the license agreement first before you buy.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I have purchased photo sets from several content providers who (advertise) promote their goods here. And I have been satisfied.

In some cases, I have been able to "buy" models who I otherwise would not be able to afford.

In one case, a model told me that now that he is famous, I would not be able to afford his rate. So I bought pics of him from two years ago here for $100.

Works for me.

But I do prefer buying video.