Thread: How much time do you spend tracking payments?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

How much time do you spend tracking payments?

I have noticed some webmasters don't worry about being paid and some do. How many of you spend time to make sure you get paid every week?
    I have some webmasters wondering where their 30.00 is and it seems like their time could be better spent making money instead of so much time tracking it.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

maxpower
    I only deal with a few companies at a time so, its easy to keep track. That said if they do not pay me on time it piss me off, but 30$ is not even worth my time. Hey man I am thinking about changing over my 2 place affiliate to your program. I just have a question, is the conversion ration you are listing for raw traffic or only for people that end-up on one of the inner pages of your tour?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    I only deal with a few companies at a time so, its easy to keep track. That said if they do not pay me on time it piss me off, but 30$ is not even worth my time. Hey man I am thinking about changing over my 2 place affiliate to your program. I just have a question, is the conversion ration you are listing for raw traffic or only for people that end-up on one of the inner pages of your tour?
    Hi that is raw traffic for everything. This includes affiliates, type ins etc.
    We use nats so there is no counting hits from the 2nd page etc which would make the join ratio appear better. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks,
    Mark Erickson
    icq - 191604661
    mark@intensecash.com

maxpower
    Thax man that does sound too good to be true LOL is why I had to ask, with the traffic I send my secondary sponsor now if the number hold true I would be making 5-8 sales a day. I will join in a week or less to check it out, its just that I have to get these new sites off and some other things first.

Thax man that does sound too good to be true LOL is why I had to ask, with the traffic I send my secondary sponsor now if the number hold true I would be making 5-8 sales a day. I will join in a week or less to check it out, its just that I have to get these new sites off and some other things first.
    Sounds good, it is always good to change up sponsors and use quite a few of them. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks,
    Mark

30$ is not even worth my time.
    One payment of $30 may not be worth your time. However, when dealing with literally hundred of sponsors (gay & straight) those $30 dollars add up real quick... So it really does benefit you to keep close track of each and every one.

As for switching your traffic over to Intense cash, we have received every payment on time, every time.

maxpower
    Ya I can see that, and not being paid on time is the fastest way to loose me or any other webmaster, but I would not expect any site to send me a check for just 30$. I can see if you run a directory or list a large number of pay sites that it could be a bitch to keep track of, but I really try to only promote 3 companies at a time to maximize my traffic with only the best converting products. Ya I am going to give him a shot too see how good his program does with my traffic, my current secondary sponsor has been slipping allot this year.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I've been converting better than Mark's advertised rate. Everybody's mileage varies, but I'm happy. (Edit: And payments have been consistent.)

As for the original question -- I choose sponsors on reputation just as much as their payouts and conversions. So I spend relatively little time on tracking because I trust the payments to be there on or around schedule. I'll check a couple times a month since most of my sponsors are direct depositing, but otherwise I'm not going to waste my time over a few days delay, or to make sure it's there on a specific day, and certainly not over $30.

But I could see a small affiliate wanting to collect if they don't generate many sales (or if they plan to move on). Every last dollar probably means more to them.

I really try to only promote 3 companies at a time to maximize my traffic with only the best converting products.
    To put it simply, that's doom to fail or be mediocre at best. But what do I know, other than my partner an I having made a very nice living for the past decade in this and related industries.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    To put it simply, that's doom to fail or be mediocre at best. But what do I know, other than my partner an I having made a very nice living for the past decade in this and related industries.

Well traffic is limited, why would I waist what traffic I have on sites that do not have as good of an conversation ration? If their numbers start to tank I will replace them, but I do not see the need to list every site under the sun and just hope it works out. Simply if I have a sites that converts at 1 in 150 and another that converts 1 in 600 it would be stupid to keep wasting my traffic on the less productive one. I did list many more when I first started 6 years ago, but I have found its better to try to maximize my sales with only the best converting products in a more stream line presentation. If I owned a directory or something like that it would be different, but I would still list the best converting sites first, just the same way I rank the directories that send me the most traffic now