Thread: Segpay - Any info ?

Blueyedb0y

Segpay - Any info ?

Anyone using segpay.com as a billing processor or have and info on them?

Cheers

M@

Paco
    I'd stay far far far far far far away from them TLB!

Don't take my word on this, check out what many know, or believe (that they are just another one of iBill's little ventures) - a thread on GFY that displays some of the 'findings'.

(I hope I did not break any of the rules, by posting the link - just trying to help.)

Blueyedb0y
    Bah! I think I'm gonna reconsider segpay now.

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

M@

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueyedb0y
    Bah! I think I'm gonna reconsider segpay now.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Cheers
    M@
    Hey, M@, you turned and ran away so quickly that you left your slippers at the spot where you stood. (j/k)

It was/is my pleasure, and am truly happy that I was able to huck a wrench in the cogs of the :evil: one!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yup, Segpay is a front for iBill.

Regards,

Lee

Segpay is NOT ibill. they are primarily former ibill employees, and ibill is even suing them for stealing their client list on the way out the door.

They're shady enough to stay away from but they are not owned by, nor affiliated with ibill. Never have been.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    Segpay is NOT ibill. they are primarily former ibill employees, and ibill is even suing them for stealing their client list on the way out the door.
    They're shady enough to stay away from but they are not owned by, nor affiliated with ibill. Never have been.
    Sorry Ren - I sometimes look way too far in to things (one big ole conspiracy), also, I do often look at things previously associated as the same: crooks formerly employed by ibill equal ibill.
    I have read and book marked articles and should have known better.

Consider this a coupon (redeemable if we ever meet) for a spanking or throttling - your choice - if interested!

I did not mean to upset you, hun (being sincere).
    -Placido

I am not upset, just tired of this rumor rearing its ugly head again and again. It really isn't helpful, informative or even entertaining anymore. I didn't check the GFY thread, but most of them started in early 2005 when the people now at Segpay were then still at ibill, and right or wrong, failing to clean up the mess. We all know that GFY is the most reliable information available-- Not. :wacko:

I think I was more surprised at Lee's comment--

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Yup, Segpay is a front for iBill.
    I would expect some kind of disclaimer, or at least proof for such a statement. Its just not true, and those kind of comments perpetuate the story.

I will add this point which is more on topic--

I don't know the current people at Segpay personally or by name. The same group that launched Segpay last summer were the ones that came up with the original ibill "settlement" that Tombarr started the thread/poll about.. "will they or won't they". Those are the people that lied through their teeth to me about the money they owed me, I wouldn't trust them for a second.

I don't know if those same individuals are still running Segpay, or if they are even still working there, I'd do a little more research on them if I were you.

_ap_
    We've been testing them on one site for the last 6 months and I gotta say we are making a truckload more than the same site with CCBill as a primary. Lower friendly fraudsters, higher conversions and clockwork payments.

It's my understanding that Chris Williams was one of the founding fathers of iBill and left well before the shit hit the fan. As the story goes, he was the one responsible for negotiating a deal to get cash direct from the banks via intecca and away from the dodgy mexicans that took over (Molina & co).. so definitely a nice guy in my books.

SegPay does have a handful of ex ibill staff, but they seem to be good folk that turned into rogue employees and left to start their own company. Our old ibill sales rep is there, the same one that never lied to us when the whole ibill thing happened and worked hard to get our rebill db out. And no the DB didn't go to segpay, our rep just did it because they thought what was going on was total bullshit.

my 2c. They are ok and they pay goodah :$$$:

ap.