Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ignore maxpower NOW!

Xstr8guy

Ignore maxpower NOW!

I'm serious about this. Sure he helps the post count but I just don't need the aggravation. I waste more time lecturing him and it does absolutely no good. TIME WASTED! I should be working instead. After all of this, I had hope that by now we would see a glimmer of light. But nothing. I'm done.

curiousbunny
    What do you have to say for yourself Maxine?:center:

maxpower
    LOL if you want to block me because you don’t agree with some of the things I say then go for it, we all don’t have the same point of view, and if disagreement get under you shin then maybe you should block me. I am not just going to tell people what they want to hear, but keep in mind if I do say I agree with your or like something its not just allot of BS public relations that is really what I think. :argue:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I'm serious about this. Sure he helps the post count but I just don't need the aggravation. I waste more time lecturing him and it does absolutely no good. TIME WASTED! I should be working instead. After all of this, I had hope that by now we would see a glimmer of light. But nothing. I'm done.

Ignoring him is like trying to walk by a TV with Jerry Springer playing. It is so stupid you just HAVE to watch but eventually you get tired of it and walk away. I am still amused right now~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Yeah, Max, I personally would be more want to ignore XStr8 for his want to lecture people about how to act (how do you spell 'control freak'), than you for expressing what is really going on.

The PR BS in this biz is 6 feet deep.

As ChadKnowsLaw said elsewhere that you need to play well with others (suppliers) to make it in this biz, I say BS BS BS... That is inherently illegal in this capitalistic, free enterprise, supply and demand economic system we live in, and contrary to the reasons why the Internet was implemented 15+ years ago.

I've sold my wares on the Internet since 1994, and I don't need to buy some distributor a drink to sell my DVDs. If bribes are bad for elected officials in DC, they are bad for business - at the Phoenix Forum, Las Vegas, Florida, wherever the dog and pony show pitches its tent the next time.

If CCBILL wants a new customer, take the money spent on Phoenix Forum and set up my account! I'm NOT paying CCBILL hundreds of dollars to set up a merchant account, so they can spend tens of thousands of dollars on Phoenix Forum.

Gosh - stay focused on the business at hand!

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Three months ago in January during the height of the BS about the Las Vegas adult biz sex and drug party, one of my (former) Providers was making a lot of PR noise about how she was there, and making lots of contacts and doing 'lots of business'.

So I said: "I've sent you 30 DVDs to put on your VOD service, and you've only put up 10 in 5 months, so why don't you stay home and get the rest of my DVDs up and online"?

I said: "I make 25%, you make 75%, and the 10 are making pretty good revenue, so why don't you get the rest online so you make three times the money off of my content that you are making now".

So she cancelled and shut down my account!

The lesson learned: ask Providers and Affiliates for a breathalyzer test before signing contracts!

oh, nickbaer - have you tried reading some of maxpower's posts before you posted this? sounds to me like you're just resenting the tone of Xstr8guy's post so you're defending maxpower based on what he said in this thread.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well Xtrastr8 can defend himself. He's quite capable of that.

As to whether he's a control freak, nah, he's just simply fed up with the blatant lies and deception that Maxpower continues to spew in his various posts. Sean aka maxpower is also known by other nicknames, such as NewGuy and Nomad2000 and was caught with stolen content in his 'members' area.

He refers to trannys as all mental.

He thinks people that show affection in public and go to extremes for him are sick.

He tells everyone how its free stuff that is ruining the industry though he is off making 10 or 12 free sites of his own, supposedly. His sites all contain free stuff, and he uses fake thumbnails promising surfers free pictures that all lead to a paysite.

He claims to have every single feed in the gay market. But he only pays $3K a month for them all,

Those are just a few of the statements that the members here are inundated with by him. It isn't about lecturing, it is about trying to get along without some mindless drugged out dweep attempting to browbeat others into his way of thinking. There have been and will continue to be many other debates on this forum, some heated but as hot as they get, the vast majority show civility to the other's opinions, not derision, not scorn, not vehemence as Maxpowers posts do.

He has called people Nazi's because they have simple easy to follow rules but he gets rejected because he is Maxpower and thus worthy of special consideration, and when one tries to explain, not lecture, why he isn't special or why a person has link rules, he ignores it. He had called Just Us Boys and Gaydemon shit traffic, but refuses to discuss it with them, then begs for Gaydemon to include him in his directory.

So is Xtrastr8 justified in being fed up? I kind of thing so, as do a whole lot more here. He's attacked people like Marc who simply had a different opinion than him, he's attacked Chip from boyfunk, me, and all because we have a different opinion based on our years of experience. Not based on what meds we have taken or forgotten to take.

So in my view, yes Xtrastr8 is justified and he hasn't lectured anyone. He has voiced his opinions and had to deal with dribble and venom from someone who simply hasn't a clue. Hell even Chadknowslaw took the guy to task for his wild statements and accusations. So when so many call it a duck, say it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, odds are, its a duck.

:coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I have read Max's posts.

He makes valid points. We live in a democracy afterall.

He never said we should ignore XStr8, but XStr8 said we should ignore HIM.

That isn't how 'free and responsible speech' works.

And Max is cuter than you.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    And Max is cuter than you.
    So that's your criteria for what is valid? Sure didn't sound like it when you slam people who go to internext. But then double standards seem to be the norm for some. No Maxpower didn't suggest people ignore Xtrastr8, but because Xtrastr8 did he's a control freak? Isn't he also entitled to express his views? Or does it only apply to those you find attractive enough to warrant outlandish and false statements?
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i've read m*xpowers posts , in fact i read everyone's posts wether i want to or not , the fact remains i respond to those posts that i choose , i will not give anyone i don't like a platform to stand on at the same time although i do not agree with some of the views in here i still respect the fact a view is being presented. (everyone's okay with goverment decisions?)
    i know it's difficult at times to hold ones composure but do you really think your going to put a fire out by throwing more gas on it?
    this is not an endorsement of m*xpower nor has any money/gifts been presented for promotion. :goof:

sincerely ~ ..."everybody wants to rule the world"... - tears for fears

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer

As ChadKnowsLaw said elsewhere that you need to play well with others (suppliers) to make it in this biz, I say BS BS BS... That is inherently illegal in this capitalistic, free enterprise, supply and demand economic system we live in, and contrary to the reasons why the Internet was implemented 15+ years ago.
    You are wrong.
    There is nothing illegal about using the businesses in your contact list to do more business with, and your post shows you don't understand the real dynamic of trade shows. You obviously don't understand that you DO have to play well with others to grow. That means that you don't walk around with a chip on your shoulder all the time, you admit your mistakes when you make them, and people you deal with know that you are a fair, honest, and pleasant person to deal with. This is a small industry, and the dynamic is like a small town. If you fuck someone over or are a pain in the ass, then you severely limit your growth potential. A lone wolf will not last in adult internet. I guarantee that. NOBODY makes it on their own.
    Trade shows are where you meet your competitors and your collegues. You exchange information and ideas and contacts. You get the chance to meet with people in person that may live thousands of miles away the rest of the year. You find out who is real and who is full of shit, who to avoid, who to know and who to just shake your head. Yes, there is a lot of drinking and partying going on but if you would look closely you will see friendships being made and strengthened, ideas hatched, and plans made. There is nothing shady about it other than the guys that are blitzed out of their minds on the complimentary booze don't realize that the real businessmen are off in the corner talking about business. This is not insider trading or unfair competition--it is leaving the children out of the business of the grown ups because the children can't control themselves in such a free environment.
    If you think trade shows are just partying, then either you haven't been there or you let the booze, models, and parties get in the way of the real purpose of the show.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    the shows are great! , lots of fun , but if you can get past the carousel and the ferris wheel and make your ways to the booths you can meet the people face to face who will either handle your c.c processing/advertsing/etc. and have an opportunity to meet and ask direct questions which too often go unaswered in email/icq or are totally avoided alltogether.
    my purpose for going is to see those that are not here and/or check up on those who are and get a better opinion of them in person (regardless of what i may think of you personally , if you are profitable i will invest)

sincerely ~ ..."you wouldn't like me in person!"... :hmmph:

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    LOL if you want to block me because you don’t agree with some of the things I say then go for it, we all don’t have the same point of view, and if disagreement get under you shin then maybe you should block me. I am not just going to tell people what they want to hear, but keep in mind if I do say I agree with your or like something its not just allot of BS public relations that is really what I think. :argue:
    I didn't see where Xstr8guy said anything about blocking maxpower.....just ignoring him, which is pretty much what I've been doing.

The more he posts the more he proves the old adage about "some people you think are fools, others open their mouths and prove it".

Bill

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer
    If bribes are bad for elected officials in DC, they are bad for business - at the Phoenix Forum, Las Vegas, Florida, wherever the dog and pony show pitches its tent the next time.
    This has nothing at all to do with bribes. It has to do with human nature. When you meet someone face to face, talk with them, understand the things that the two of you have in common, and bat around ideas on how you can make each other money, it's far more likely that a deal will come about than if you send emails, talk over IM, or make phonecalls. Not that those things aren't valuable as well, but there are few things that beat a face-to-face opportunity to meet and talk... it's true of any business, but probably even more so in the online adult biz, since everyone is otherwise pretty anonymous.

If CCBILL wants a new customer, take the money spent on Phoenix Forum and set up my account! I'm NOT paying CCBILL hundreds of dollars to set up a merchant account, so they can spend tens of thousands of dollars on Phoenix Forum.
    CCBill doesn't charge anything to set up an account with them, and they don't offer merchant accounts, they are an IPSP. If you want to accept Visa, then you have to pay the $750 fee required by Visa US regulations, but that fee goes mostly to Visa, with a small portion retained by the IPSP to cover their costs in reviewing the websites for compliance.