Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launching a New Product - Timing

Dzinerbear

Launching a New Product - Timing

Hey guys,

Just wondering, how important do you think it is to pick your moment to launch a new product or site. For a site particularly, do you think it really matters when you launch it?

Cheers,
    Michael

Not during a mercury retro-grade phase!:boo:

Probably just as guys and gals are returning for college in the fall would be my guess on the best time of year ... but I'm sure others will have their fav time slots.

Dzinerbear
    OMG ... there's another "mercury's in retrograde" person ... haha ... I just went through this with another bud of mine.

Cheers
    Michael

i think it can be pretty important - wish i had listened to myself say that since we launched during a slow time of the year AND just ccbill added some changes that gave everyone stats problems :-/

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Not during a mercury retro-grade phase!:boo:
    Not you too! :eek:

The amount of people i have heard that from in the past 3 months is unreal :eek:

Regards,

Lee

fall or late spring, never during the summer. of course, I'm probably gonna do a launch in the summer cuz I'm a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Not you too! :eek:

The amount of people i have heard that from in the past 3 months is unreal :eek:

Regards,

Lee
    Then maybe there's something to it -- I'm sure Gary could give you a lot more details on the reasons.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    OMG ... there's another "mercury's in retrograde" person ... haha ... I just went through this with another bud of mine.

Cheers
    Michael

I didn't believe in retrogrades... but then i started doing some research on it, and there are actually a fair number of larger companies that quietly avoid signing new deals during a retrograde.

AJ is 100% skeptical, but he also knows that every time we've signed a deal during a retrograde, it's been fucked up. So, with that in mind, we now avoid launching new sites or doing any major new things that launch during a retrograde.

This is by no means the best article I've seen but will explain a little of what goes on during a mercury in retro phase and what's affected. Astrology Weekly

We just came out of the first one for 2006, which ran from Mar 3 to Mar 26.
    The next 2 phases for 2006

July 5-30
    Oct 20 - Nov 19

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Timing is really important to me whatever it is im doing, be it a press release, new site launch (like our new Condom Cash site launched today) or starting a new resource.

Many people simply dont pay attention to the trends, particularly in the adult industry and launch sites and send out their PRs at the absolute worst times ever.

Announcing a new affiliate program on the boards for example, during the Vegas, Phoenix or, Florida convention is just plain crazy.

Sending out press releases on certain days of the week or, certain times of the day means you can lose out on up to 50% of the views and traffic you could have gotten had you timed them right.

Regards,

Lee

skot
    Lee, what's the best days of the week for press releases (or other big announcements)? I understand not to announce around the show times, since people are thinking about other things, but particular days of the week? I'm intrigued!

Xstr8guy
    WHAT'S A RETROGRADE? I don't have time to read some long article. Lol. Someone give me the shorthand version, please.

Xstr8guy
    Nevermind... I got it now. It only took me a minute of reading. Thanks for the link Bec! I swear, sometimes I'm so lazy. Lol.

And btw, the retrograde is over... ended on the 25th of March.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    obviously it didn't effect maxpower, :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Retrograde is period that occurs three times a year, when due to the combined rotations of Mercury and the Earth that Mercury appears to be moving backwards.

Cheers
    Michael