Thread: Tom Delay Resigns From US House!!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Tom Delay Resigns From US House!!

Oh Happy Tuesday!!!! Tom Delay is one of the most arrogant bigoted hateful self righteous assholes and it is so good to see him knocked off his horse!

DeLay Announces Resignation From House
    AP - 53 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Succumbing to scandal, former Majority Leader Tom DeLay said Tuesday he is resigning from Congress in the face of a tough re-election race, closing out a career that blended unflinching conservatism with a bare-knuckled political style. "The voters of the 22nd District of Texas deserve a campaign about the vital national issues that they care most about and that affect their lives every day, and not a campaign focused solely as a referendum on me," DeLay said in a statement.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    Not sure that was a really good thing, he would have lost the seat for sure, now they have a chance to bring in another republic to run. I would have rather seen him say as a punching bag for the dem’s

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It certainly took him long enough although, i cant say im suprised.

The Reps have been losing a lot of people just lately party wide it seems.

Regards,

Lee

i saw that yesterday and it's about time.

GaySearch4Sex
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Not sure that was a really good thing, he would have lost the seat for sure, now they have a chance to bring in another republic to run. I would have rather seen him say as a punching bag for the dem’s
    While I am fairly liberal, I try really hard to be respectful of those (mainly conservatives) with whom I disagree. With that said, I couldnt stand DeLay! What a ******!!! So I will take what I can get... hes gone :thumbsup:

sorry if you disagree with me - I just needed to let it out....

:: end of rant ::

Xstr8guy
    The fight for TX-22 isn't over yet. Delay's departure leaves room for a more reputable republican to take that seat. Give money to democrat Nick Lampson's campaign! Wouldn't it be sweet to have a democrat in that seat?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by GaySearch4Sex
    While I am fairly liberal, I try really hard to be respectful of those (mainly conservatives) with whom I disagree. With that said, I couldnt stand DeLay! What a ******!!! So I will take what I can get... hes gone :thumbsup:

sorry if you disagree with me - I just needed to let it out....

:: end of rant ::
    Well I would like to see him go too, but I would really not like to see his seat replaced by another Republic like it now looks like is going to happen. If he would have just stayed a bit longer, he would have been voted out of office, and replaced with a Dem for sure. Now its all up for grabs

sarahwebinc
    That kind of news feels really good inside.

By the way Chad, I thought you represented yourself very well on the two panels I saw you on at the Forum. Even if I didn't recognize you at first without the fishnets.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahwebinc
    That kind of news feels really good inside.

By the way Chad, I thought you represented yourself very well on the two panels I saw you on at the Forum. Even if I didn't recognize you at first without the fishnets.

Thanks Sarah! I think the panels at the Forum were very well moderated and provided a lot of good information without the "me me me me me" grandstanding that panelists sometimes exhibit. I'm sorry I didn't get all dressed up for you this time but if The Rocky Horror Picture Show comes back for the Gay Phoenix Forum in October I'll go in costume :-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    fasting, god, faith seem to be his favorite buzz words.
    and the gullible drink from his cool-aid and say he's just such a nice guy

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    By quiting the election race, his campaign fund warchest becomes his to use...

While he says he quite the race because of the 62% of the vote he received in the recent Primary, the real math he did was to add up his legal bills and noticed they were about what he had in his Campaign fund, and voila!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I read in a few places he has trouble raising money to pay his legal bill and doesn't have much left for the rest of the lawsuit. Which is a bit odd considering how much power he had