Thread: Referral Code Question

Dzinerbear

Referral Code Question

Does anyone know if you can take any ccbill code and add the &HTML extension at the end to send traffic to whatever page you want on a site, like.

http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clic...en.php?PID=001

This particular code was generated by the sponsor, but could I do the same thing myself for another ccbill sponsor?

Thanks
    Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No you cant, i asked about that a couple of months back

It would be a great feature if you could though, i can think of a wide range of promotional opportunities it would open up

Regards,

Lee

voted best dresser
    This feature is an option to all of our clients however it is disabled by default. You can tell if the site owner has it turned on or not by adding a URL to the end of your code and trying it and if they have it off I'm sure most would turn it on if requested.

-Paul

Dzinerbear
    Paul,

So if I tried it and I didn't get the to URL I added at the end of the referral code, does that mean the sponsor has this feature shut off?

And what is this feature called so I can ask them to turn it on?

Thanks
    Michael

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Paul,

So if I tried it and I didn't get the to URL I added at the end of the referral code, does that mean the sponsor has this feature shut off?

And what is this feature called so I can ask them to turn it on?

Thanks
    Michael

In all likelihood, yes it would mean that they have the feature disabled. This feature is called 'Multiple Redirects'. I can always check on a certain sponsor as well if you would like me to get involved.

-Paul

desslock
    CCBill Feature Request

In the affiliate admin, on the page about the affiliate's features (payout rates, etc) include a YES/NO column stating whether the affiliate allows direct-to-inside page linking.

------

Michael

Be careful - I once experimented and created links to jump to an inside page... after all, I could do it on website A, so why not on website B? Anyway, I left the kludged-together links up - they didn't go to the inside page, but they did go to the site's front page. Anyways, it didn't track any of those sales.

Steve

some programs want to control where you land, but most are willing to turn on multiple redirects if you ask.

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    some programs want to control where you land, but most are willing to turn on multiple redirects if you ask.
    I agree and there are a few sponsors whose systems are reliant on a specific redirect.

-Paul

Multiple Redirects is only available if the webmaster has enabled Account Grouping in the affiliate setup.

Account grouping would allow an affiliate to signup for one "group of sites" with a single ID, and then promote individual sites in the group by adding the site URL or a specific page or tour URL to the end of the code.

It would be great if account grouping wasn't required, and since it directly affects affiliate tracking, it can totally screw things up if its done incorrectly, and isn't feasable for all site owners.

It makes the affiliate linking code incredibly long and creates a lot of room for error.

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    Multiple Redirects is only available if the webmaster has enabled Account Grouping in the affiliate setup.

Account grouping would allow an affiliate to signup for one "group of sites" with a single ID, and then promote individual sites in the group by adding the site URL or a specific page or tour URL to the end of the code.

It would be great if account grouping wasn't required, and since it directly affects affiliate tracking, it can totally screw things up if its done incorrectly, and isn't feasable for all site owners.

It makes the affiliate linking code incredibly long and creates a lot of room for error.
    Account Grouping is not required to have Multiple Redirects enabled.

Well, now someone tells me! Thanks, Paul... I just tried it and it does work. I was trying to get it to work when I set my program up and it kept sending traffic to the default entry page. I even called for support and they told me the same thing, you had to have account grouping enabled for multiple redirects to work. I hadn't even tried it since then.

I have multiple redirects enabled but account grouping disabled.

This is a good day!

Directly to the tour (avoyeurclub.shtml), using Michael's affiliate ID:
    http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clic...yeurclub.shtml
    The default to the main affiliate entry page (aindex.html) :
    http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clic...000&PA=1214769

So I guess the trick is to just try it and see where you land. If you land at the URL you are expecting, its probably enabled. If not, you should ask for it to be enabled. LOL