Thread: Question About 2257 ID Checking..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Question About 2257 ID Checking..

Im wondering, as long as the ID is real and available, as a primary producer do I physically have to check it or can i get someone acting on my behalf to check and make a copy of it? An employee, attorney, business partner, etc etc?

Anyone know if i physically have to check the ID myself or whether i am in fact able to hav a 3rd party verify and duplicate the ID?

Regards,

Lee

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    As primary producer and custodian of records, I personally authenticate each form of ID presented by each and every model...always have and always will.

The burdon of proof falls on the shoulders of those who contract with the performers.

As a matter of fact, both of us check the IDs, review and add to the documentation.

Legally, I don't know. But since I process from beginning to end, it makes sense to us...

wwc-pajio
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Im wondering, as long as the ID is real and available, as a primary producer do I physically have to check it or can i get someone acting on my behalf to check and make a copy of it? An employee, attorney, business partner, etc etc?

Anyone know if i physically have to check the ID myself or whether i am in fact able to hav a 3rd party verify and duplicate the ID?

Regards,

Lee
    You don't have to check it physically..

skot
    So if I have a photographer who I trust, and he shoots a model on my behalf and I'm not at the shoot-- it's ok for the photog to check (and make a copy of) the ID?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc-pajio
    You don't have to check it physically..
    Actually, though I'm not looking at the regs as I write this, I'm near certain that 2257 does actually require that the custodian of records must physically inspect the identification documents in order to be compliant.

Now in practice, if you have your designated employee or photographer or whomever inspect the ID of your models, and you trust him or her enough that you'd stake whether or not you go to jail on his or her diligence in checking the records, then it's probably fine... but you, if you are the custodian, are the one charged with the responsibility of examining the documents, and so there won't be any defense if, for example, the employee gets sloppy and doesn't catch a fake ID.

We created a form that is part of our recordkeeping that goes with each model release. It has the name of the model, the ID number and expiration date, the date the ID was examined, who actually examined it, and what page of the ID verification book (same one banks and bars purchase) we checked when we inspected the ID for authenticity. Not required by any regulations, but it's just part of our process to do everything we can to ensure our models IDs are legitimate.