Thread: What paysite tour layout converts the best?

Marc

What paysite tour layout converts the best?

Im making a paysite tour and I hate making tours, I dont know which way to start.

If I should go for traditional short tours, like the old GayUltra tour.
    Or if I should do a reality style like the Boysfirsttime which has different kind of episodes.
    Or if I should go for a tylers room feel where he just shows his members area and lists all his feeds.

Im like staring at this blank dreamweaver pae and clueless

or does it even matter how I present the tour? as long as the guys are hot people will buy?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Totally depends to be honest.

When i was doing the testing for the sites we launched Condom Cash with i tried several formats, HTML, reality style, multiple page and the one pagers + join page we have now and, the tours we have right now far out-performed the other styles for us.

There are so many variables when it comes to site tours that there really isnt a right or a wrong way of doing things, pick a style that YOU like and test it for a month or two, if you notice it isnt doing well, try something new, perhaps change a couple of the colors, a couple of the fonts or maybe the content you are using on the tours, make sure however, that for every change you make to them, you give it the same time frame between changes otherwise, if you change 2 or 3 things at once, you arent going to know which of the changes actually worked.

To give you some idea of timeframe, i started working on the first Condom Cash paysite in January last year, we launched the program in October, duing that time, tours were being built, tested with some traffic, that we already had, in addition to a small amount of purchased traffic, once i noticed sales were rolling in, i kept track of the amount of traffic sent, the source of the traffic and how much was made, changed the tour, and did the whole thing again. I eventually ended up with a layout that worked in addition to a marketing style that worked... For MY sites, you might find your traffic works better on another style of tour, color, font etc etc

Find one tour style that works well, then, duplicate it, all the time testing and re-testing the tour/tours.

Regards,

Lee

stickyd
    Lee has a lot of great points. I would suggest making two styles of tours, and switching them every week for a month, and then compare your conversion ratio. Console style tours have been working for us, but that's for us, and that could change. I don't think there is a right or wrong tour (well, unless it gives little information and looks crappy), but just be flexible and optimize.