Thread: PowerZip and Movie Files!!!

southernexposure

PowerZip and Movie Files!!!

Anyone using PowerZip to split, and password protect Movie Downloads?

I recently visited a site that you could download an entire movie in .rar zip files then you had to have the password from the site to open the files.. Once opened they combined to create the full movie file.

Good Idea or Bad Idea, I'm confused.
    The files ended up being .mpg files which is the norm (I assume) that all webmasters are using on their sites.

Just confused about how to do AVI files that are encoded with DivX Codec.. Since they cannot be edited, split, or re-encoded.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

:boom:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Can honestly say i have no clue what you are talking about LOL

Sorry, movies aint my thing

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    guess I'll figure it out myself... and keep it too myself.. ROFLMAO..:groovy:

Did you manage to figure it out yet?

If not.. i came across this link purely by chance 9but remembered you were asking about encoding) on the Micro$oft website that may be of some use to you so far as the encoding goes..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    Thanks Lee,
    I'll let you know how this works for me..

:groovy:

southernexposure
    Works great with one exception.
    "to begin with - I encode video with Real Player" I can now convert AVI files to WMV and then to RM. Thanks Lee...

I am looking for a software that will encode in several formats (RM and WMV) and generate seperate files for low, medium, and high speed bandwidths. I will also need it to generate the content pages with the embeded or pop up players.. Guess I'm hoping for alot there.

Any Ideas where I can find such a program???:bow:

Hmm i will see if i can find out what program the guy uses who edits the video taps for the DILF shoots i seem to recall him mentioning something about what format we wanted.. could be what you are looking for

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    I use, Vegas 4.0 +DVD and now that you brought it to my attention, the WMV encoder.
    What I am mainly interested in is the page and file generation. For instance when you use a Thumbs Plus program, how it generates the Thumbs, HTML pages, and Folders to put them in...then all you do is upload.

Looking for something that will encode in Different Formats, and Bandwidths.. The Movie files can be split to different lengths etc. Hope that is more clear.