Thread: Video rendering programs...suggestions puhhleeze???

dannyz

Video rendering programs...suggestions puhhleeze???

Does anyone know of a program that can render videos into different formats, such as WMV, RealPlayer, and MPG files, at the same time or that can help automate the rendering process?

It is so damn time consuming rendering them in the 3 different formats and after Basschick's thread we're going to be increasing our video size to 720X480.

SO what programs are you guys using to render your videos?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

sorenson squeeze is absolutely great for bulk rendering - i often export 9 videos, set the job for 2 or 3 formats and 3 sizes and leave it alone to do the rest

dannyz
    Thanks Patti, I think you just saved us. :kiss:

yay

sorenson has saved me so much extra trouble because of its batching capabilities that i almost can't believe it. hope it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by dannyz
    Thanks Patti, I think you just saved us. :kiss:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you're working in a production environment and constantly encoding video, Sorenson's "watch" function is amazing.

We have a machine that is pretty much set aside for unattended tasks such as rendering. When I finish editing a clip, I have Premiere export it across the network to the rendering machine, and as soon as the the file appears in the folder, Sorenson starts encoding.

You can also set it to automatically upload the encoded files to the server after it's finished. It's been a real blessing.

dannyz
    If you're working in a production environment and constantly encoding video, Sorenson's "watch" function is amazing.

We have a machine that is pretty much set aside for unattended tasks such as rendering. When I finish editing a clip, I have Premiere export it across the network to the rendering machine, and as soon as the the file appears in the folder, Sorenson starts encoding.

You can also set it to automatically upload the encoded files to the server after it's finished. It's been a real blessing.
    Amazing. Now that's the kind of automation I love. My favourite thing is to go to sleep knowing my computer is still working, whether it be uploading, downloading or burning movies.

Thanks so much both of you, I already downloaded the trial although wasn't able to buy it yet, appears there store has been hacked:
    http://www.sorensonstore.com/

At least I can play around with it and get used to it for 30 days and can't see any restrictions on the trial version.

Cheers,
    D.

dannyz

Amazing. Now that's the kind of automation I love. My favourite thing is to go to sleep knowing my computer is still working, whether it be uploading, downloading or burning movies.

Thanks so much both of you, I already downloaded the trial although wasn't able to buy it yet, appears there store has been hacked:
    http://www.sorensonstore.com/

At least I can play around with it and get used to it for 30 days and can't see any restrictions on the trial version. From what I have seen so far it was *exactly* what I was hoping to find. It'll be busy rendering about 2,000videos soon LOL.

Cheers,
    D.