Thread: Limiting Access

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Limiting Access

Okay so here is a question or perhaps better stated, is a premise.

We all know that as sponsors your goal is to have webmasters promoting your product, which is why in this competitive field most sponsors offer the standard set of banners, odd sized banners, free content, fhgs, and such.

Now the headaches come is that many simply sign up to get their mitts on the free content to use on TGP or MGP and rarely if ever truly promote your website. In fact they may never even make a real sale for you so here is the premise.

What if you tiered the availability of your marketing tools?

Example being say Joe Blow signs up. He has to list a valid website that matches his sign up info so he can be verified that he's the owner of the site. That gets him limited access to free content. Nothing huge or explicit.

Then after he's launched his promotions, he/she has to confirm it with your affiliate manager (like yeah we all got them, :juggle: ) and then after a look see, you then allow him/her to utilize more detailed tools, such as the FHGs and additional free content.

In short, a means of limiting what is provided at the initial sign up to sort of weed out the part timers, or the bull shit artists who say one thing, but have zip to show.

For example I know some sites have clips made available, tons in fact, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to limit who gets to use them? It would keep the market from being flooded so that the real serious webmaster who does work the sites not only gets better material, but gets more of it, and has less competition. It would also get more stuff to be submitted to the various TGPs and MGPs as not every Tom Dick & Harry would have access.

So the question is, why not or better yet, how come it ain't being done or even, should it be done?
    :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

um... the one and only point of making galleries to post on tgps is to make sales. webmasters don't have some weird ulterior motive to steal your content when they create galleries. some just aren't good at making gallery that sell.

we made an average of 6-10 sales a day off our galleries for years. i would never have bothered to email most sponsors and ask for content access when there are so many around unless there was something that really stood out about the sponsor - and usually those sponsors just didn't get it so in the end i simply signed up with sponsors who didn't make my life difficult.

i can see the point of verifying someone's website in order to give them content access but what use are banners or fpa's except to market your site? they should have your url and site name on them...

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    But that's just it Basschick. Many can't sell TGPs worth shit because they just don't grasp it, yet they water down the sponsor's content that they use in their attempts at it. Same with MPG galleries.

Banners and FPA are fine for whoever, it just seems that the premium stuff like free content, fhgs could be better utilized in the hands of webmasters who actually know what they are doing, or at least willing to learn.

Then too there is the guy who signs up, downloads your content, and doesn't even throw up a single banner. Yet your content gets used again watering it down for you, the sponsor.

So my question is why not tier the whole affiliate process so that as the webmaster shows his abilities and desire, he gains more access to better quality marketing tools, such as content, such as text ads and more.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online