Thread: Titan Affiliate Program

Xstr8guy

Titan Affiliate Program

Does anyone have experience with Titan's affiliate program?

When I was first starting out 4 or 5 years ago, I signed up to their affiliate program. At the time, they did not give credit for membership sales... just video sales. I see now that they do give credit for membership sales. ABOUT TIME!

They also booted me out of the program because they could not find my link to their site. Apparently when you sign up, you had to provide them with a url where you link is located. Obviously this is another example of an affiliate program that doesn't understand the market just like William Higgins. Don't they know that a webmaster may have thousands of links to an affiliate program and that the location of a link may change?

So, has Titan Media figured out the market yet? I would love to promote the HELL out of them as they are a PERFECT match for my traffic.

Xstr8guy
    I just tried to join Titan's affiliate program again. And I noticed that they are still paying 15% on video sales. There is no mention on how much they pay for membership sales. I certainly hope it's more than 15%! Hopefully Keith can stop buy and give us the 411.

Boardtracker keywords: Titan, Titan Media, Titan Men, titanmenstore.com, titanmen.com, titanmen.

Paco
    Sorry, I have no experience with them.

Dzinerbear
    You might want to inquire about their bareback policy. They're such rabid anit-bareback people that they may not allow their banners or links on sites that contain bareback sex.

Cheers,
    Michael

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    You might want to inquire about their bareback policy. They're such rabid anit-bareback people that they may not allow their banners or links on sites that contain bareback sex.

Cheers,
    Michael
    If that's the case, fuck 'em. Lol. Seriously, I have plenty of other places that I could promote them.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Xstr8guy- If you have questions about our affiliates program please contact us directly. We do not monitor these boards on a daily basis, so it's always better to contact direct with any questions you may have.

Please direct your questions to Nick@titanmedia.com, Nick is our affiliates coordinator and can answer all your questions.

I can answer some of your bigger picture questions though.

1. Why do we require the link URLS? Because we are ultimately responsable and liable for our affiliates and what they do in our name. We cannot blindly accept traffic from unknown pages or sources. We have to monitor and verify the traffic is to our standards before we can accept it. We hand inspect every single site that applies to our affiliate program. We are too big of a company to risk accepting traffic from any source. This is a legal decision we have made that is being born out to be the right one in recent cases regarding affilaites and the CAN-SPAM act.

I think Chad can step in and speak to this issue as well.

2. We do not accept sites that are based on bareback content or materials. These sites have every right to do what they believe to be right, and we have every right to chose not to do business with companies that promote the commercialization of high-risk sex. That's one of the best parts about owning your own business, you can do things because you believe they are the "right thing to do". ;-)

As a person living with AIDS myself, I am doing what I think is the "right thing to do". If I can help to keep even just one kid from contracting HIV/AIDS then my decisions where the right ones to make.

3. Regarding % paid- Would you rather have 50% of a 1:500 conversion site or 25% of a 1:100 conversion site? It's about dollars, not about %'s.

Thanks!

Dzinerbear
    Wow! 20% on a $29.95 membership. That's unbelievably bad.

I'd be inclined to check out Gunz Blazing you can earn 40% on the sale of Raging Stallion products and $30 PPS selling Hairy Boyz or Rear Stable. Even on revshare you'd make three times what you could with Titan.

Cheers,
    Michael

desslock
    Xstr8guy - well, I think you have your answer. :sun:

Dzinerbear - Did you get your Nick Piston poster in the mail????

Steve

Dzinerbear
    desslock,

No, no Nick Piston poster yet, but he said he'd send it.

Michael

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for answering my questions Keith. Regarding your 15% or 25% on membership payouts... I have plenty of sponsors that convert very well for me and they still pay 50%. The industry standard is 50% for a rev-share program. Anything less is considered rather chintzy. Besides, you don't even have a tour to send clicks to entice surfers to join. Your link goes directly to a join page. Essentially you're asking the affiliate to totally presell the site before a surfer clicks on a link or banner and then you only pay 15-25%. I guess my clicks will go elsewhere.

As for monitoring urls... nearly all of my sponsors request a main url when applying for their affiliate programs. None of them require a single url where their banner will be displayed. What if a webmaster has many sites? Does he/she have to join your affiliate program multiple times? By your logic, an affiliate would have to sign up for you affiliate program multiple times to display multiple banners?? That makes absolutely no sense.

Ah, the bareback issue... what a can of worms. Not gonna touch it except to say that you probably wouldn't have approved my application to join the affiliate program anyways.

I would have loved to have used Titan as sponsor but I don't think it is feasible for me at this time. And I bet many others feel the same way. That's too bad because I love Titan's movies and it's one of the few paysites that I choose to belong to.

Dzinerbear
    Wow! Not a typical xstr8guy response at all. So restrained. :honest:
    Michael

Xstr8guy
    Wow! Not a typical xstr8guy response at all. So restrained. :honest:
    Michael
    Restrained?! How so? I thought it was pretty harsh, . But honestly, as a consumer, I have lots of love for Titan. They have some of the hottest models and the biggest dicks in the business (mmmm, Ray Dragon). I don't want to be blacklisted from buying videos.

desslock
    Hey guys ---- Most cities have gone to the trouble of writing laws and ordinances for "S.O.B.s" aka Sexually Oriented Business.

Well.... congratulations, you're the proud operator of "B.O.B."s.... bareback oriented businesses, which strictly appeals to the person's purient interests and contains no educational value.

BOBs cannot locate within one mile of a Titan dvd, url or a gay nondenominational church.

Steve

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Xstr8guy- Thanks for the reply. We too have plenty of affiliates that convert very well and are quite happy with the money they are making from our program. Again, that's the great thing about running your own business, you are free to choose who you do business with. ;-)

We do have a tour page that affiliates should be directly traffic to, it is: http://www.titanmen.com/accounts/join_tour.asp
    We are also in the process of upgrading our site and tour pages. Those upgrades should be live within the next 12-14 days.

In terms of requiring an specific url, that is for the initial review of the site. Once we have verified the placement and are comfortable with the site and traffic being sent our way, the webmaster can expand to as many urls as they wish.

Are we overly anal about the traffic and websites we affiliate ourselves with...absolutely! We have to much to lose if we get involved with a site doing something that will reflect on us. We need to ensure the webmaster and site are operating fully within the laws of the USA and will not expose our business to any risk of prosecution. The risk outweighs the gain, so we chose to be overly protective of our business.

Yes, on the bareback issue we will have to agree to disagree! ;-)

You are correct, we did not approve the site you applied with to our program. That site link removed by xstr8guy promotes bareback sex. Based on our very public statements and actions regarding this issue we cannot in good conscience take traffic from a site promoting unsafe sex.

You are more then welcome to submit your other sites that do not promote bareback content. Unfortunately, we simply cannot accept traffic from sites promoting bareback sex.

Thank-you for your comments and we respect your decisions to operate your business as you choose, just as I hope you can repsect ours.

Best of luck!

desslock
    desslock,

No, no Nick Piston poster yet, but he said he'd send it.

Michael
    Ok - Twisted 2 from Hot House / Club Inferno

Nick Piston's butt is in plain view on the cover.

Steve