Thread: What's the deal with old checks?

BritishTwinks

What's the deal with old checks?

I've just been tidying my office and I found a pile of old checks worth about $5,000!

At first I thought it was my lucky day but these checks are all at least two years old. Now I'm wondering if I'll get anything for them.

Do you guys know what the rules are concerning old checks drawn on US banks? Most of them say 'void after 90 days' on them - but checks say that in Britain too, and ours still get accepted even if they're ancient. What's the score with US banks?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    i think the law is 6 months, or 90 days wich ever is listed on the checks.

I am sure of you contact the companies they will re issue
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Woah. I think I may have to clean and search my desk too! :goofy:

I don't know what banks here would do. Probably would vary between them all. Maybe contact the check writers for new ones.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Paco
    Most banks here will not cash a cheque older than 6-months (Government issue last for ever).

You should check the terms of the programs, as some may have a replacement fee.

BritishTwinks
    A lot of them are from iBill. What's the story with iBill these days? I'm very out of the loop with adult industry stuff. The last thing I heard, iBill weren't paying people but I soooooooo hope I can get these reissued.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTwinks
    A lot of them are from iBill. What's the story with iBill these days? I'm very out of the loop with adult industry stuff. The last thing I heard, iBill weren't paying people but I soooooooo hope I can get these reissued.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh aha HA!

Yeah, right.

Good luck with that! You might as well line a bird cage with them, or paper a wall in a bathroom.

BritishTwinks
    Like that, is it?

Shame.

Well, it'll teach me to be more organised in future!! :hippy:

I can't remember exactly, but the last check I remember that was cashable would have been written in September, 2004

They don't even have an ibill checking account anymore. Everything goes through the parent company IBD.

You might get something for them by selling them on Ebay. Other than that, they're worthless.

BritishTwinks