Thread: CCBill Decline Reasons - Can Anyone Expand On These?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? CCBill Decline Reasons - Can Anyone Expand On These?

So ive been checking through my declines since the start of the year and some of the decline reasons are a little confusing in that they could be for more than 1 reason. Here is the list of reasons we've had declines over the past few months...

CVV2 Mismatch
    Score Decline
    Pickup Card
    Multiple Submission
    Expired Card
    Blocked Country
    Invalid Credit Card
    Do not honor
    Service not allowed
    Invalid Transaction
    Insufficient Funds

The 4 decline reasons in bold are the ones im hoping someone can clarify for me with a brief description of what the decline reason actually is if thats possible, for example, 'Blocked Country' means that the surfer was trying to join through one of CCBill blocked country list but, what is 'service not allowed' is that something that CCBill controls or, is that something i control in WebAdmin and, if it is something that i control, how to turn it off to stop the declines happening?

Regards,

Lee

Greg Gaskell
    I'm sure that ccbill can tell you what they all are here and what you can and cannot do in the admin.

The only one i don't like that you have not listed is a hard decline.
    Cascading does not work on a hard decline

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Greg,

They are the only decline reasons we've had this year on Condom Cash, you peaked my interest though, whats a hard decline and why wont cascading help with one?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    "pick up card" means that the card is a stolen card, and if presented in person, the merchant is supposed to try to retain the card. It's rather pointless on Internet transactions.

The others I don't know, but I could hazard a guess on "score decline"... I know that many fraud screening tools use a combination of factors -- the country where the IP address of the cardholder is located, size or frequency of recent transactions, type of transaction (what kind of merchant), and assign a score to each of those factors relating to how risky the transaction is. When it hits a certain threshold of points, the transaction is declined for risk reasons, not because the card is bad or overlimit.

Greg Gaskell
    A hard decline is normally done when ccbill have already refunded on that card for what ever reason.
    The cascade actually stops, but the email is sent to surfer that they were declined, so make use of the custom mailers to get the sale.

You might see 3 declines come in at one time from the same user, from what we can gather that is when the hard declines happen, if a cascade did work we would not get 3 decliens we would get one and the cascade would kick in.

I think service not allowed means they entered the number of a non-authorized card type, for example an amex card number.

CCBill James
    Hi Lee,

It appears that everyone here was able to beat me to the draw on these questions.

As for the declines option question, as most of those declines listed below are ones that come from the banks themselves, they are not something that we are able to toggle on/off in the administration panel.

If there is anything else you needed help with, please feel free to give us a call anytime.

Regards,

James A
    Client Support Supervisor
    1-800-510-2859
    ClientSupport at CCBill.com

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Pickup Card
    When I worked in retail..... I loved getting a "pickup card" response.

I made a couple hundred dollars in bounty from American Express and VISA/MC that way. It also always guarantees a memorable exchange with the customer starting right in front of you.

Steve

What about this one:

declined due to BE-148

That was one I had never seen before.