View Poll Results: Should Maxpower be a Moderator?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes and its about time too!

9 16.07%
  • No I hate that guy it would be a disaster!

47 83.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Maxpower be a Moderator?

maxpower

Should Maxpower be a Moderator?

I have been a member of this group for awhile now, and believe it might be time to get a promotion. I think its time for a change, and if elected it will be a new day for webmasters all over the world. :thumbsup:

maxpower
    This was just a joke BTW :bush:

zentz
    the answer is clear

maxpower
    Well I like that guys program, but numbers can be funny we all know that, like what TGP did he get that traffic from, how long did it take to get those numbers, and was it only at the very start of the of the site when no one had ever seen his content/site before?

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Max, you have recently become an accepted member of the board after some rough periods. Suggesting that you should now become a moderator, even as a joke, is very inappropriate and shows shades of your former piss poor attitude. You can become a moderator someday if you put in a few years, not just two weeks of good behavior and you have some real industry experience.

You are barely out of bootcamp-- it is not time for Officer Candidate School.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    I was just joking with it I know their is no chance in hell man, and really I do not even care. I made it last night cuzz it was so dead I just though that some good old hate would at least get people talking. I know it my be weird but people do respond to that overwhelmingly, I was just trying to liven things up a bit, even at my own expense. >

tyrain
    this a joke you say? You thought a need to wake up the forum?

Now you will see a percentage polling of like and dislike of you.
    so far 86% against you

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrain
    this a joke you say?
    Now you will see a percentage polling of like and dislike of you.

LOL ya I guess I should have though about it more, I am sure all this rejection is going to be hard on me :cry: nice 45th post too BTW

tyrain
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    LOL ya I guess I should have though about it more, I am sure all this rejection is going to be hard on me :cry: nice 45th post too BTW
    Some like me dont have a need to live in a forum. We work for a living with our various Gay ventures.

Some are like me, posting occassionally, reading the info and ads daily. Lee earns money by showing the traffic. All win situation.

And yes, I voted against you. Saying you are sorry does not mean you SUDDENLY SAW THE LIGHT.

maxpower
    If you do not like me so much then block me, I am sure I will miss your insightful feed back, I must say this is working in the way it was intended too, if not a few hours later than I would have liked

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    If you do not like me so much then block me, I am sure I will miss your insightful feed back, I must say this is working in the way it was intended too, if not a few hours later than I would have liked
    I hope we are not seeing a return of the old, abrasive maxpower.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    I hope we are not seeing a return of the old, abrasive maxpower.

No was kind of a bad day for me, and this guy was a really big dick, but I will live, hell only about 1 hour more work and I can sleep for a few hours :hmmph:

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    No was kind of a bad day for me, and this guy was a really big dick, but I will live, hell only about 1 hour more work and I can sleep for a few hours :hmmph:

Maxpower, you were very quick to jump on Tyrain and mock him in his 45th
    post. You were quick to show your anger, even though you did say you had a long day. If you were a moderator you have to show much more restraint and more temperance of posts like that. You put yourself in the public forum, you make yourself a target for criticism, and as a moderator, you have to be able to take it, to an extent, with a grain of salt.

You have posted some very controversial posts during your tenure as a member here, and yes, recently you have toned down your rhetoric and started making some level headed valuable contributions in your postings, to the point that you started regaining some respect..however, a few weeks of being a good community member does not make one qualified to be a respected moderator.

A moderator should be even tempered, patient, understanding, helpful, non-judgemental, open minded, and should measure his/her published comments and try to only publish remarks/comments without anger or malice. Obviously moderators are people too, and sometimes they cannot be all of these things all the time, but most of the moderators on this board embody most of these traits, and have garnered the well deserved respect of the board members over a loooooong period of time of consistent personality, behavior, and posting quality.

Whether your post was a joke or not is irrelevant at this point. It was posted at a time when you were just beginning to gain a little respect, and by posting it you showed that perhaps at times you are a little quick on the draw with your comments and do not think things through before you post.

Ask yourself honestly, joke or not, do you think you embody the characteristics above that a moderator should have?

I have nothing personal against you at all, but I think that you probably should take a step back, contribute to the board for a long time in the "new" Maxpower that we started to see, and when the time is right, if ever, you would, if you personify what a moderator should be, be asked at that time to fulfil that responsibility.

hey, i've been an active and - i hope - contributing board member here since Dec 2003 and no one has asked me to be a moderator. the truth is not everyone is ever asked to moderate a board and certainly not someone with a very recent history showing confrontation as a preferred communication method.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    We have Moderators?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com