Thread: What Happens When A Surfer Charge's Back?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Happens When A Surfer Charge's Back?

Just wondered if they get put on a blacklist or something?

We just had our first chargeback on Condom Cash and it was for a member who has been happily accessing the members area for over 3 months on a regular basis.. They only charged back this last rebill and i was wondering if they are allowed to continue purchasing memberships to other CCBill sites or if their card hits a blacklist for eternity?

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    That is a good question, if they did pay for previous months and probably on other sites as well I would not blacklist them just because of one over sight or indiscretion, that said from what I know about Ccbill I would think there is a good chance they would just automatically blacklist them, the larger a company gets the more they want to go by the “book” and the less individual consternation are made for any one particular situation. :square:

as i understand it, they are blocked.

btw, he can still charge back his other charges. you might consider contacting him directly and pointing out that using a credit card and charging back knowing you received the service you paid for is fraud.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    CCBill does block them from using CCBill services but I'm not sure it happens after just one chargeback.

Perhaps someone from CCBill could give a more thorough explanation.

Bill

Lloyd_CCBill
    Dear Lee,

When a consumer reverses a transaction for fraudulent reasons CCBill does take measure to weigh the consumer's credit card negatively effectively preventing the CCBill system from making additional fraudulent charges. I will be happy to speak about this in depth with you should you prefer to contact me directly. I can be reached via phone; 480.449.7751 x 174, email; lloyd at ccbill dot com, and I do offer my ICQ number below in my signature.

Thank you,

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    My one and only complaint about CCBill is that there is no vehicle to fight chargebacks. They claim that they fight them, but they can't possibly provide an effective argument when they get no information from the webmaster.

We've had members that join, slurp down all the content on the site, and then charge back. We've offered logs showing that the member in question downloaded gigabytes of content and clearly got value from the site (and we've also added language to our TOS about chargebacks) but when I attempted to get somebody at CCBill to pay attention and use that info to fight the chargeback, nobody was interested.

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    The thing about chargebacks is that you simply can not fight them.

The reason: generally only a signed transaction receipt is the #1 piece of evidence that you must supply. i've listed below the proof needed that our merchant back lists on our disputed transaction statements (cb statements).
    notice how almost everything revolves around a signed authorization

1. a copy of the signed and imprinted sales draft
    2. date and amount of credit previously issued to the card
    3. evidence of a possitive AVS match along with authroized signature or equivalent
    4. evidence of a positive address verification along with proof of delivery to that address
    5.a signed authorization form or equivalent.

Undisputed chargebacks cost merchants $35-50 per chargeback, which basically every single charge back. Yes if a customer rebills for 6 months and decides to chargeback all 6 months.... you're not only out the $180 a month (29.95 per month) you're out an additional $250-300 fee.

However, for Visa transactions - If I dispute the transaction and the issuing bank escalates the chargeback directly to visa.... Visa will fine merchants $150-500 a pop. So even if logs, ip addresses etc were enough for the merchant bank to dispute the chargeback... It still wouldn't be worth disputing the chargeback because most likely the issuing bank would escalate to visa and we would lose anyway and be an additional $500!!!!

The only thing you can do with chargebacks is eat the loss and then hand there ass over to a collection agency.

skot
    Quote Originally Posted by djdez
    The thing about chargebacks is that you simply can not fight them.
    unfortunately, that's been my experience too, with our merchant accounts. for intangibles, it's just too hard to get the banks to work with ya, and even then it's a huge pain in the ass... lots of back-and-forth, a $35 "representment" fee just to do the dispute, etc... ugh. we really only focus on chargebacks now for the tanglible goods (since at least we have proof of delivery for the physical product) and try to make up for the others with increased sales.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    Yeah isnt it funny, how visa refunds them AND charges us, the merchant. of course they keep the chargeback fees. THEN they slam us a $750 additional signup fee becasue they say there are too many chargbacks. well DUH, if they stopped making it SO easy for people to chargeback with little to no recourse then maybe the number of chargbacks would go down. visa has created its own problem and the ones paying for this are us.

( zac gets off his soapbox now )
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

The thing to keep in mind about chargebacks with ccbill is primarily due to their speedy weekly payouts. If someone asks for a refund after the sunday cutoff, even if the charge was just a few days ago, it is technically a chargeback. If its processed during the pay week, its a refund.

I think thats why they are not so likely to block a chargeback customer on the first offense.

Now, that brings me to the "serial chargeback" customer that has discovered how easy it is to get a membership charge reversed. Much like a stray dog that discovers the taste of blood. Those are the ones that join, chargeback, join, chargeback, join, chargeback. Those keep racking up those bad marks and eventually they lose their ccbill signup privileges.

I wish all the main processors would share that black list database. It would definitely stop those bad guys from moving from site to site, joining and charging back without any real repurcussion.