Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Design Content Tips

maxpower

Design Content Tips

As some of you may have heard I am about to create a new site, I was just wondering if any of the designers, content suppliers, or really any knowable good souls, could offer any advice how to keep down the cost of the twink content I will need for this project and make sure its really fresh at the same time “after all will only need a few images from any sets, and a few seconds from each videos to complete the graphics” BTW if you offer good twink content or videos fill free to Spam me with URL’s or just PM me anytime :3ymca:

Personally, I would not do a design using any photos that you don't own the full set for. Reason: surfers sign on because they spot someone they want to see more of. If the models' movie or set isn't inside, they are going to be pissed and cancel the charge to their credit card. Too many chargebacks can see you paying out the butt to keep your processor or suddenly finding they drop you.

maxpower
    Well I know I can not do it for very long at all, “ about a month or so” but do you know any studios that can help me out, or ones that have really short set like 45 pics or something, and maybe even cut their videos up really small. My new design is going to have rather long pages, and focused on a lot of twink content. In other words it will hit them over the head with sex, sex, and just a bit more sex

BijouWorld
    I'd agree with Bec. This relates to ethics in our industry.

There are times where I'm putting together ad's for films and I have to hunt down artwork for them. I could probably put just any old image in the ad for some obscure film...and some people would buy it...they might not even say anything.

I never do it...I respect my customers too much.

maxpower
    Ok ok, I think some of you guys might be missing the point, I am talking about background images, and only doing if for a short time. I do not really think that people join a site for these kinda pics, or after 24 hours could tell you what any of the guys looked like in the tour of your site, but people are good at face recognition, so I do need really fresh stuff. I am just try to hold down the totally expense at first that could be over 5000$ if I just go over board with all of this. :wtf:

Actually, we aren't missing the point. You want a handful of pictures and short clips of various models to design with that you won't have available inside for the members for a month or more, if ever. I understand the monetary reasons ... we're trying to tell you the ethical reasons on why you shouldn't take this approach.

after 24 hours could tell you what any of the guys looked like in the tour of your site, but people are good at face recognition
    Those 2 statements cancel each other out. A surfer DOES recognize when there's a new model ... if he joins your site to see him, and he isn't in there ... what makes you think he'll try your site again in a month when you finally can afford the set? :err:

A better solution would be to take what $$ you can spare and buy two or three sets - and mix in older content with the new for the design. That way you can heavily promote the 2-3 exclusive or semi-exclusive guys to bring in the surfer via your hubs, galleries, etc.

I have no idea what your budget is like, but Ounique is having their 100 sets for $999 deal ... you can get most of their newer material at quite a savings.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    A better solution would be to take what $$ you can spare and buy two or three sets - and mix in older content with the new for the design. That way you can heavily promote the 2-3 exclusive or semi-exclusive guys to bring in the surfer via your hubs, galleries, etc.

I have no idea what your budget is like, but Ounique is having their 100 sets for $999 deal ... you can get most of their newer material at quite a savings.

Ya their content sucks, “I do not need 100 crappy sets” and old content is useless in a tour. I am not going to sell 5000 memberships in the first month or anything, I am just trying to get it off the ground. I do not believe those 2 statements cancel themselves out they are both true. As soon as a member enters the site they will see a huge amount of content, and will forget any background image they have seen “and to tell the truth most members do not give a damn about pics” I think you are really missing the point, paying for full sets of old content is useless in the tour, and a large amount of filler pics is not going to help at all. So you do not know a studio that would work with graphic designers, to provide content for this purpose, or a studio that breaks up “short sets” of pics and videos that are good and fresh?

I know of some straight content producers that do what you're asking. Gay content sales on a per pic basis - none that I can think of off hand.

And your argumentive and arbitrary dismissal of anything suggested to you is exactly why I have hesitated in offering you any "help". I've watched how you treated others attempting to give you some direction and assistance, and wasn't impressed at their treatment. After awhile you seemed to be more open to actually having mutually beneficial conversation ... it seems I've erred in that assumption. It won't happen again.

maxpower
    Well thax, I really do not know much about studio thinking on this, I will try to do what I can as always I guess.

I am really not trying to be argumentative or abrasive, I know it does sometimes come off like that, and I do value your opinion. I was just trying to say that older, and over used content is not the best to use in graphics, and explain my thinking why pics are not really that important to members once they join a site. Trust me I do fully understand that I can not have any content on my tour that I do not offer to members even if it is just some background stuff for very long at all. I am just really trying to push ahead with it, and spend as much as possible at first to have the best and freshest tour as I possible can, then fill in some of the holes later, after all I will have the tour for years, and can easily add content at anytime. :1ymca:

Xstr8guy
    I've been ignoring max for several weeks now. But yes, I admit to reading some of his posts now and them but I have restrained my self from responding... I just don't need the aggravation.

Some of you think he has changed his stripes and is becoming a good guy... whatever...
    Ya their content sucks, “I do not need 100 crappy sets” and old content is useless in a tour.
    Maybe he should actually think about buying his first legally licensed photoset instead of using "borrowed", "public domain" and sponsor content on his paysite. I don't think he has earned the right to put down any content providers. Remember this folks? Btw max, have you even looked at Ounique lately? They have added 100's of NEW sets recently.

And then Bec offers her MUCH valued and repected opinion and he shoots it down like she's an idiot. C'mon people... just let him be and he will go away. And since he seems to have a GWW addiction, maybe he will just come back with a 4th alias. But I'm pretty sure everyone here will see through it instantly.

maxpower
    Ya I looked at them yesterday in fact, they are good for filler pics but not good for graphics and tours for a twink site. I do and have been working with many studio’s to get fresh content. In fact I am removing some of the feeds I have that do not update this month, and moving to pay for as much studio content instead as I possible can very month. I am sorry if my questioning what people says bothers you, but that is how I am, I am not just going to say ok to everything I hear. It has been really nice for me with out you jumping in, I would really appreciate it in the future if you would just ignore me.

i make bank with ounique pics even now. just buy the sets you like the best - there are many 20 - 45 pic sets there, and except for the really burnt out ones, you can make many happy sales with them

Xstr8guy
    Btw max, as a moderator... er, monitor, it's my job to point out to you that your signature is too big. Please edit it to comply with GWW's sig rules.
    Signatures - limited to 3 lines of text and a 120x60 button. More than that just takes up way too much space and comes off as spamming as well as slowing down the forum load speed. Our moderators... er, monitors will be ensuring this rule is followed on a regular basis.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Btw max, as a moderator... er, monitor, it's my job to point out to you that your signature is too big. Please edit it to comply with GWW's sig rules.

Change it if you would like, it did fit the characters that are allowed