Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Site & Content - Pls Help with your suggestions

Oczko mu sie odlepilo! Temu misiu! bregot's Avatar

New Site & Content - Pls Help with your suggestions

Hi guys,
    =====
    1. A couple of months ago I launched a new site and I'm looking for feedback on how to make the site better. Also, I'm looking for ideas on how I can get webmasters to promote it. Could U share Ur thoughts?

GayFruit.com

There are over 40 sets with 30 boys (mostly teens) and I'm still adding new faces. Materials are mostly exclusive, so I think it's worth checking.
    If U join GF's affiliate program U can make 50% of all signups and rebills. I use CCBill, so U can be sure U will get Ur money.
    There's a selection of ready banners and I can support U with promotional galleries too.
    =====
    2. If U run Ur own site, what U need is fresh content. I'm a primary producer, so I can give U a list of available materials to choose from. European guys, all ages. U can buy sets exclusively or share it with me. Just contact me.
    =====
    3. I shoot all photosets and videos myself. Ppl say I'm a skilled photographer (take a look at my private site Bregot.com and judge it Urself). If U need custom content or U would like to choose from a selection of wanna-be-models - send me a message.
    =====
    Regards!

your site has a hard to find enter link, aclean corporate look with no kind of sexual feeling at all. the text on that first model is very lackluster. this might be the worst tour text i've ever seen.

"Here's a picture of a boy. A boy, as everyone knows, consists of plenty of non-interesting body parts and one interesting. That would be a dick. But! If you want to see a dick (and of course you want to see a dick), you have to join us. And to join us, you have to pay us. This way boys who show their dicks make money, and you have a chance to help them. But don't worry, at least you can see a dick. And have some wanking over it. So join us and enjoy!"

different guys like different body parts. there are guys into armpits, buttocks, thighs, chests - you name it. that boy - who you should use a name for, has TONS of interesting bodyparts.

want affiliates? get a tour that reflects your content and have someone write you text that is not just trying to force people to join but that is trying to turn them on enough to make them want to join. i write site text for many sites - this is the type of thing people usually pay me to replace.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    welcome back bregot!

jim

Tour text

Thank U Basschick!

In fact I was planning to change it. It was good for the start, when I had very little to advertise. Now the text should be more serious, as my site is now.

The boy who appears when U enter can't be named since it's the random picture. Click refresh and U will see.

If U have other comments, please tell me.

Longboardjim - thank U! It's nice someone remembers me here ;->

Dzinerbear
    Guys,

Amal's a wonderful photographer who is trying to sell his work in another way. His photography is so thoughtful and he has the most amazing eye. I love his work.

Admittedly, Amal's site needs some work. First and foremost, English is not his first language. Although he does quite well, basschick's right, his sales pitch isn't great. I'm going to help him with that.

If you have any other suggestions on improving his site, please post them, I know he'd appreciate them. And if you're looking for content, give him a shout, his stuff is great, his prices are amazing, and you won't be disappointed. Most of what he has available is twinky in nature, but he's willing to shoot any kind of guy as long as he can get a market for it.

Thanks and cheers,
    Michael

Just on appearance:

I'd be finding a different "look" for the tour. Using that much orange is hard on the eyes. "hot" colors like red, orange, yellow should be used to draw attention to something, and used sparingly. Orange and Red are especially tiring for the eyes to look at for any length of time. Perhaps use a different color in the tables (a very very light yellow, almost white maybe) where the boys pics and text are located to soften down that bkg if you're really in love with the idea of using it.

The font color against the orange isn't working for me... very hard to read. Changing to black might work better, but then you may end up looking "halloweenish".

Image sizes on the "sample" pics has got to come up - 21x41 pixels is NOT going to entice anyone to keep looking around. Change out to 3 or 4 per row and bring them in at least 150 to 200 on the long side. You literally need to put these hotties IN THEIR FACE.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bregot
    Longboardjim - thank U! It's nice someone remembers me here ;->
    it isn't hard , i like your work! , of course i would never say that to your face! ( interpreted: your models are younger than mine you b*tch! ) :goof:

sincerely ~ ..." my twinkies start at 35yrs old "... :cry:

p.s ~ my last attachment.

Late replay

Guys, I'm just back after a short trip... Thank U for these comments!

Michael, U are exaggerating (as always)! But thank U ;->

Bec, what came to my mind... I can lighten the orange bkg and use bananas/yellow instead of strawberies/red. On the other hand bananas are quite erotic ;-D

Longboardjim, I make a lot of different stuff! Dzinerbear would never buy any guys from GayFruit galleries (totally not his type), but he's still one of my best clients! Here are some samples of older "twinkies" for U:
    Marcin SPS
    Diablo
    Tymek
    and many more...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by bregot
    Thank U Basschick!

The boy who appears when U enter can't be named since it's the random picture. Click refresh and U will see.
    If you have access to somebody who does PHP, it would be fairly trivial to make a tiny database, with the pic of the guy and a paragraph of text to go with it. Then, each time the page refreshes, you pull the picture AND the custom paragraph that goes with it. It would make it a lot more personalized, and if you want to get fancy, you can look at the click through data and see which guys get the most clickthroughs.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I do not have the experience of the true veterans that have already chimed in with some pretty damned good tough love advice but I see a lot of sites every month--gay, straight, and confused. I would take basschick's or bec's advice over mine regarding what makes a site sell, but I actually liked the bold colors. If I was paying for a membership and only getting access to one or two sites a month I would probably like colors a little less vivid, but after seeing a dozen sites a day with similar color schemes I really enjoyed the color and vibrancy your site has!
    Definitely work on making the tour more sexy. I would suggest reviewing the thumbs selection you have--with one image to entice a surfer into that model's gallery, you need to select an image that is enticing!
    The 2257 link language should read "18 USC Section 2257 Record Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement". Not that you have any great fear of ever having your database examined, but it is a simple fix.
    Listen to bec and basschick and chip and michael. Their advice is priceless but costs nothing on the board.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    ... but after seeing a dozen sites a day with similar color schemes I really enjoyed the color and vibrancy your site has!
    Definitely work on making the tour more sexy.
    I feel the same way. The fruit background is very fresh... literally and figuratively. I would expand on the idea. I'd put bananas, apples, etc on different pages. Just make sure you have a VERY strong logo and other graphics to carry over to the other pages so you have an anchor for the site.

I agree, the thumbs are very weak. Better pic selection and larger thumbs will make all of the difference. And why don't you show any dick on the tour? I think potential members are going to be hesitant to join a site that doesn't show any nudity. If you have qualms about showing nudity on the tour, at least show some more skin. Maybe put up humorously censored images... block out the cock with a banana... cover the balls with a couple of coconuts, etc. With a name like gayfruit.com, I would have FUN!

Xstr8guy
    Btw, I agree with Michael. Amal is an amazing photographer. I have bought content from him in the past as well. Now if I could only get him to takes some photos of some hairy daddies, I'd be happy!

Dzinerbear
    Thanks guys for your suggestions to Amal.

I have a question:

For each guy's preview pages, Amal shows all of the thumbnails in the guy's series. The first fifteen give the surfer full previews, the rest of the thumbnails don't enlarge. But I think this is far to much to be giving away. I think if he wants to show all of the thumbnails for the "holy shit" factor, then he should make them smaller. And I think 15 large previews of each guy is excessive.

Thoughts?

Michael

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I went back to the site and after the splash page, where we are told the only interesting body part is a dick [no no no no!!! Every part is interesting!!!! To Somebody out there with a credit card!!! ] and I realized I had to look around the page to find where to click next. There really is not an intuitive [easy] way to navigate to the galleries. The site should guide me to the teaser pages, tell me where to go and don't make me look hard for where to click next.

I really like xstr8guy's idea of using other fruit backgrounds and mix them up. You have a lot of branding possibilities with this domain, so utilitize them.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

i like colors like red for backgrounds myself as long as they don't wash out the content. some of my best-selling sponsors over the years have had vivid colors, but keep in mind that if your content is overwhelmed, you will lose both surfers and buyers.