Thread: Its About That Time Again- As Mentioned By Jasun...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Its About That Time Again- As Mentioned By Jasun...

In this weeks community bulletin, the summer slowdown period is closely approaching and as such, was wondering what you all thought about this period of time?

Do you think the slowdown actually does exist or, is it something used by webmasters to off-set the lack of work done over the vacation period?

Also, if you think the slowdown does exist, how are you gearing up to make sure it doesnt hit you hard this year?

Regards,

Lee

Marc
    Not to piss and moan, but this whole year has been slow for me.
    I dont know what the hell happened but Im starting to get worried

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I think it does slow down a little but every year it seems to be less and less for me. I think that might be because so many new people are hanging out of the net with their blogs and new stuff like that. Hopefully that will keep them online more. They will eventually get horny.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

JustBryce
    I've been doing adult websites since 1998, and I still could go either way on if a summer slow-down occurs. Summer definitly isn't "bad", but it does appear to me that the actual rate of growth may indeed slow down just a smidge.

If I had to come down on one side of the fence, it does look like the rate of growth from Spring-to-Summer is smaller than that of Summer-to-Fall, Fall-to-Winter, or Winter-to-Spring. That being said, all growth is good and each quarter is always better than the one before. Consecutive growth month after month is all I really care about

"vacation period" -- What's that?

Last February, I took a job with Fratmen.

I left the last site I worked for.... happily... and although I was hired as a part time video editor, I was asigned jobs from mastering DVDs, installing wireless networks and re-wiring the building's phone lines.

My knees got VERY dirty.

I saw a site that had INCREDIBLE potential, but no affiliate program.

I knew fuck all about running an affiliate program (my job with the last site was basically as a professional affiliate), but I offered to "help out".

by the Phoenix forum, I was promoted to Marketing Director, and had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

Over the summer, our joins went from a handful per week to a handful per hour. Last summer, our traffic quadrupled, our membership trippled, our retention skyrocketed and people finally stopped looking at me like I had two heads when I told them I worked for Fratmen.

Fall came, and our membership sped up a bit, but the changes I had made and helped instigate had made our summer ROCK.

this year, we're at the top of our game. we just released the best model we've had in about ever, and the things we've got to add to our program will not only boost retention and joins but attract new affilites.

Maybe the summer is the time that programs should roll out the big guns... not just to keep numbers up, but to attract the new members that don't get excited by the other sites that just shrug off the summer with the "Summer slow down" myth.

or not.

like I said... my job with the site I USED to work for wasn't anything to do with running an affilaite program, and I'm still new.. I have no idea what I'm doing..

anyone else want to join up with Fratmen?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    Last February, I took a job with Fratmen.

I left the last site I worked for.... happily... and although I was hired as a part time video editor, I was asigned jobs from mastering DVDs, installing wireless networks and re-wiring the building's phone lines.

My knees got VERY dirty.

I saw a site that had INCREDIBLE potential, but no affiliate program.

I knew fuck all about running an affiliate program (my job with the last site was basically as a professional affiliate), but I offered to "help out".

by the Phoenix forum, I was promoted to Marketing Director, and had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

Jasun I'm glad you like your job at Fratmen. You're doing good work there :high:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Jasun I'm glad you like your job at Fratmen. You're doing good work there :high:
    Don't think I don't know it's all thanks to you, by the way. Squirt is the guy who called me from Australia one evening and told me that John from Fratmen was looking for a video editor and that I should call him NOW.

Best quarter I ever spent.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

JustBryce
    Congrats Jasun or maybe we should congratulate John... he's lucky to have you

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    In this weeks community bulletin, the summer slowdown period is closely approaching and as such, was wondering what you all thought about this period of time?

Do you think the slowdown actually does exist or, is it something used by webmasters to off-set the lack of work done over the vacation period?

Also, if you think the slowdown does exist, how are you gearing up to make sure it doesnt hit you hard this year?

Regards,

Lee
    I did not experience it yet - but for this summer I am going to launch my first own design as a test for my first own paysite. And since summers are sought to be lowing down I would notice a ditch or a bump in saled when doing that

:develish:

btw.. Jasun - I have just gone trough the simleys and saw you have your own :jasun:-smiley