Thread: Warm fuzzies and snuggle bumps...

dwaynered

Warm fuzzies and snuggle bumps...

No, I'm not talking about your teddy bear or your trick for the evening. I'm talking about the longterm friendships we make in the industry we work in. If I had not personally taken a position with TLA Video so long ago I would not have met some of my closest friends to date.

I think back on all the years I've been working in the gay adult and non-adult communties and have to wonder where would I be if I hadn't chose to walk down those paths or attend those "certain" events.

Stop and think for a minute. How many of those similar connections with other people have you made yourself? Do any of you have an experience like this to share?

I think we get so caught up in the money-making, legality-debating and technical-throw up aspects of our positions that we lose site of some of the bigger and better sides of our careers...the relationships!

Here's to all the wonderful people I've met along the way and here's to the one's I am going to meet. Cheers!

D out!:groovy:

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I have not met a single one of you in person but there's a few of you that I really think I could call a friend. I know I'm kinda wishy washy and come and go around here, but I do feel a sense of community here like no other place on the net. I really hope some day to meet alot of you in person, until then, yes it does matter alot to me the relationships I make here.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I find that you get to know people through your interaction online, through the boards, chats and business dealings, and when you finally get to meet these folk in person it's not like meeting for the first time, it's like catching up with an old friend. And if you do the conventions on a regular or semi-regular basis, they become like family reunions, in a way. My relationships with other industry folk have always been this way, which is pretty cool, but in the past year I was fortunate to have Jasun and Andy Mike move into town. We've gone beyond being work buddies and have become close friends. I don't see either of them nearly as much as I'd like but we still manage to hang out and have some fun. I'm very fortunate to have them in my life.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com