Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing The Twink Niche

maxpower

Changing The Twink Niche

With all the “word police” running around now days the “Teen Boy Niche” no longer exists, well not under that name, what I see happening the Twink niche taking its place, and allot of what was once called twink content is now, what I would call “frat” The more things change the more they will stay the same, they can block words, but we will use new words to describe the same content. :kelly:

maxpower
    My personally age niches Twink: 18-21 Frat: 21-26 Hunk: 27-35 Men: 35+ “some body types my vary” :nerd:

neither frat guys, jocks or hunks are twinks. twinks would be more slender and with a younger look.

maxpower
    Well yes, but now some of what was called “twinks” is encroaching on the frat category. If a guy is 24 and slender in my book he is too old to be a twink, he’s a frat boy. They have take the youngest category away from us, so the ripple effect is going to effect other categories as well. I think many studios and site have not caught up with this tread yet, but its what I am doing as well as many others as well. Its just a matter of time before is the accepted rule. :extat:

um... no. frat boys are more mature - i don't mean in age, but in demeanor - in appearance than twinks as a rule. also a little more muscular.

maxpower
    Well maybe depending on the look of the thin 25 or 26 year old guy, background, action, or clothing I might place it in another category, like trailer trash, huge cocks, even frat ECT, I am just saying that the twink category for me is getting younger, and any guys over 24 or 25 that would really fit in that category are being moved to other categories. I can not just add the teen boy category to the twinks with out changing then what a twink really is. As I believe webmasters made up the whole twink thing anyway, and we can change it as we see fit. Maybe it is just what I am doing and a few others, but with out using the words Teen Boys the same as the str8 sites use Teen Girls we have to do something, to keep really young but legal guys separate from older guys. Hell right now I am making a Teen Boys site, but I can not call it that, so its being called a twink site
    :juggle:

maxpower
    Twink Definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twink I really like the #5 definition the best that guy really knows what he is talking about :bush:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Sean,

You could do well to listen and learn. Basschick and many others here have forgotten more than you will ever know about niche marketing in this industry. When she tells you what the difference is, she isn't blowing out her ass. She's been doing this for 10 years, and worked in the adult industry for many years before that. There are many others here with similar levels of experience.

I feel very lucky to have all of these amazing people available to help me learn how I can make my business grow, people who give freely of their knowledge if you will simply listen instead of arguing. An urban dictionary definition doesn't mean shit compared to people who live and breathe gay niche site marketing.

maxpower
    I know what you are saying, but you are telling me you do not see that niche getting younger the past few years, I really do is all I am saying. 4 years ago you could get away calling a site Teen Boys, but now you really cant get away with it anymore. Part of my response to this has been to make twinks younger and more like Teen Boys was in the past. I remember a day when twinks was really 21-26 or so, it just seems to me to be getting younger.

thanks, chip - but i have to say you're quite an expert when it comes to 18+ boys/twinks.

max, on the web twink has always been a euphamism for 18 - 21 year olds, and surfers are hoping for 18 or 19.

you are working hard to rationalize what you're saying, but the bottom line is the surfers. THEY know what they want when they are looking for a twink, regardless of what you call them.

besides, neither ccbill nor visa are threatening to disallow the word boy. they won't let you say "young boy" or similar things but as far as i know, you can say "18 year old boy" with no problems. and boy sells better than twink every time.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    thanks, chip - but i have to say you're quite an expert when it comes to 18+ boys/twinks.

max, on the web twink has always been a euphamism for 18 - 21 year olds, and surfers are hoping for 18 or 19.

you are working hard to rationalize what you're saying, but the bottom line is the surfers. THEY know what they want when they are looking for a twink, regardless of what you call them.

besides, neither ccbill nor visa are threatening to disallow the word boy. they won't let you say "young boy" or similar things but as far as i know, you can say "18 year old boy" with no problems. and boy sells better than twink every time.

Ya that is what I think too Boy is a much better word, that is why I am so fast to defend its use, that’s what people want to hear. The only problem I run into is when sometimes I call sites Teen Boys Exposed or something like that, I run into some problems getting listed, and worry about a .com under the same name having a processor in the future. I would love to have teenboys.com but even that one of the best name in the world for teen boy stuff just redirects to another site http://www.boysfirsttime.com It jus seem that people have given up on the word “teen” and I just sometimes worry that “boy” will be next.

But you are also so right about people wanting 18-19 year old when they go to a twink site too, so that is really the only type of images, and videos I am getting to make the design of my twink site are in that age group.

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    I would love to have teenboys.com but even that one of the best name in the world for teen boy stuff just redirects to another site http://www.boysfirsttime.com It jus seem that people have given up on the word “teen” and I just sometimes worry that “boy” will be next.
    Hmm - interesting Idea - I have my fair share for .de of the word teenboys ;-)

Might just build a design for that...

:develish:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH
    Hmm - interesting Idea - I have my fair share for .de of the word teenboys ;-)

Might just build a design for that...

:develish:

Well that’s up to you man, but I do not use any thing but “.com” for members sites others like “.net” Ect are ok for free/AVS sites, but I do not think they make good members names, for many reasons.

just because you are worried that the word "may" be removed by visa u.s. doesn't mean it will be. and there's always verotel.

maxpower
    Ya that is what I use now, but really worry about their affiliate program and stats, as my sites grow in the future that will become very important. Do you know a program that would be compatible, with verotel and other processor that would provide really good #s for then and still use a over seas processor? I personally do not have a problem with verotel I think they are a really good company, but affiliate are going to have a problems with them, God I can not keep making sites to drive traffic to my program forever LOL